Using Myriad RF with any TI EVM module

Can I use Myriad RF with any Texas Instrument EVM module ??

Hi Neil,

Which TI EVM Module you have in mind?

Myriad RF has dedicated connector for digital interface [FX10A-80P]. You may need to have/design a board to interface two platforms.There is another option, bypassing the digital interface and use the Myriad RF Analog IQ input/outputs instead. See more information about connector X4 and X5 below:

http://myriadrf.org/myria-rf-board-1/
Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply!
I want to connect Myriad RF with TMS320C6670 Evaluation Module.

Nell,

You will need a interface board between the TI EVM 80-pin header to Myriad RF board FX10A-80P connector. I don’t have a block diagram for this board, but my guess is that this connector ( 80-pin header on TI board) has connected IO’s for the on board FPGA. If yes, the design of the interface board will be straightforward.

Let me know if need assistance on designing a new board, I would happy to help.

Andrew.

Andrew,

Can’t i use SPI interface ??

Nell.

Yes you can. It has a external SPI connector. Using SPI interface you will be able to set up transceiver.

Andrew,

please i need help, i am also used to connect between TMS320C6670 Evaluation Module (Texas Instrument) and myriad-rf board,i want to know if the DE0-Nano interface board is the right choice to interface between two platforms?and if not, could you help me in designing a new board to interface between them?

Batool

@batool

I can help you to design new board. But before see this forum:

http://myriadrf.org/forums/topic/communicate-between-texas-and-myriad-rf-board/#post-1129

Andrew

Andrew,

thank you, it helps me alot, but i need to know alternative solutions, so please can you tell me how to start designing new board to interface between them, and if you have any documents can help.
can you send me your direct contacts?

Thanks in advance!
Batool

Andrew,

thank you, it helps me alot, but i need to know alternative solutions, so please can you tell me how to start designing new board to interface between them, and if you have any documents can help.
can you send me your direct contacts?

Thanks in advance!
Batool

@Batool,

Myriad RF board has 12Bit parallel digital IQ interface for TX and RX paths, 4 wire SPI interface, reference clock LMS6002D and three GPIO signals, see link page 17 [1]. All this lines have to be connected to your TI platform to get full control on Myriad RF board.

Based on information above, you have to consider couple things before you start design:

1. Decide which connector to use to (best easiest way) connect Myriad RF board to your TI platform.
  2. Make sure your connection type is not limiting digital interface speed.
  3. Make sure you know how to develop TI driver for Myriad RF board before you connect hardware lines.
  4. Clock distribution. Myriad RF board requires reference clock PLL input, TX CLK and RX CLK. The clock can be generated from TI board or from interface board. The clock source has to be clean in order to guarantee performance.
  5. Once everything is decided, you can take DE0-Nano interface board database [link] and modify it for TI connector. This data base can be modified with KiCAD tool [link], which is free.

Let me know if you do have any questions.

I would prefer to continue our conversation in this forum as it might be useful for other participants.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The connector dedicated for digital interface [FX10A-80P], i am little confuse which one shall i use? I choose 798-FX10A80P8SV71, is that right?

Hi Andrew,

The connector dedicated for digital interface [FX10A-80P], i am little confuse which one shall i use? I choose 798-FX10A80P8SV71, is that right?

Hi, Batool

The correct part number of connector (x3 in layout) that is used for Myriad RF is FX10B-80P/8-SV1(71). You can find in on Digi-Key website here: http://www.digikey.co.uk/product-detail/en/FX10B-80P%2F8-SV1(71)/H11228-ND/1036515
Digi-Key part number is: H11228-ND