Still Seeking Help wiht WIN 7 Install for LimeSDR

I have followed the instructions for "4.1 LimeSDR-USB Driver install for windows. I download the driver. I go into Device Manager and update the driver to the new one. It shows up just fine in device manager.

I run the commands to query the device/drivers and what I get is shown below. Before reading the below section I will tell you what is not working. I can connect to the device within LimeSuite GUI however device info continues to read incorrect values of Gateware:0 and Gateware rev: 0. Running this same command on my Ubuntu machine and these values read correctly. LimeSuite GUI will still not open a configuration file. Reading in the self_test or example file I get the error “Failed to load file: Read(64 bytes) failed”. None of the apps (gqrx
cubicSDR, GNURadip, or Pothos) seem to be able to interface with the the device for what I assume is still a driver issues. Again, these things work on my Linux machine. One more point, as you go through the driver install instructions you see a “connections setting window” under the options menu. The window in the instructions has two parts one showing “LMS7 Control” and the other showing “Steam Board”. My window however shows “Board connections:” and USB 3.0 (LimeSDR-USB) is one of the connections show. There is no second window with “Steam Connections”.

Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Dav1>SoapySDRUtil -info
######################################################

Soapy SDR – the SDR abstraction library

Lib Version: v0.5.5-PothosSDR-2017.02.04-vc14-x64
API Version: v0.5.2
ABI Version: v0.5-2
Install root: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/airspySupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/audioSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/bladeRFSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/HackRFSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/LMS7Support.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/miriSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/osmosdrSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/RedPitaya.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/remoteSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/rtlsdrSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/sdrPlaySupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/uhdSupport.dll
Loading modules… Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 14.0; Boost_106300; UHD_003.010.001.HEAD-0-gc705922a

done
Available factories…airspy, audio, bladerf, hackrf, lime, miri, null, osmosdr, redpitaya, remote, rtlsdr, sdrplay, uhd,

C:\Users\Dav1>LimeUtil --info

LimeSuite information summary

Version information:
Library version: v17.01.1-PothosSDR-2017.02.04-vc14-x64
Build timestamp: 2017-02-04
Interface version: v2017.1.0
Binary interface: 17.01-1

System resources:
Installation root: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR
User home directory:
App data directory: C:\Users\Dav1\AppData\Roaming/LimeSuite
Config directory: /.limesuite
Image search paths:
- C:\Users\Dav1\AppData\Roaming/LimeSuite/images
- D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/share/LimeSuite/images

Supported connections:

• PCIEXillybus
  • STREAM
  • uLimeSDR

C:\Users\Dav1>LimeUtil --find

• [USB 3.0 (LimeSDR-USB), media=USB, module=STREAM, serial=0009060B00461C08, index=0]

C:\Users\Dav1>SoapySDRUtil --info

Lib Version: v0.5.5-PothosSDR-2017.02.04-vc14-x64
API Version: v0.5.2
ABI Version: v0.5-2
Install root: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/airspySupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/audioSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/bladeRFSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/HackRFSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/LMS7Support.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/miriSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/osmosdrSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/RedPitaya.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/remoteSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/rtlsdrSupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/sdrPlaySupport.dll
Module found: D:\Program Files\PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.5-2/uhdSupport.dll
Loading modules… Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 14.0; Boost_106300; UHD_003.010.001.HEAD-0-gc705922a

done
Available factories…airspy, audio, bladerf, hackrf, lime, miri, null, osmosdr, redpitaya, remote, rtlsdr, sdrplay, uhd,

C:\Users\Dav1>SoapySDRUtil --find=“driver=lime”

Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 14.0; Boost_106300; UHD_003.010.001.HEAD-0-gc705922a

Found device 0
driver = lime
index = 0
media = USB
module = STREAM
name = USB 3.0 (LimeSDR-USB)
serial = 0009060B00461C08

C:\Users\Dav1>

Please post a screen shot of the Lime in Device Manager.

Does it look like this???

It looks the same to me…

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Hi Dave,
I got my USB drivers to look like yours and then I ran SDRConsole (V3) and it worked. Lime Suite, Pothos, CubicSDR and GQRX just beep and quit. I have removed them for now to save aggravation.

Larry in El Paso

I went ahead and loaded and started SDRConsole however that did not seem to work either. It comes up with a panel to select Radio. THe LimeSDR was pr-populated as a choice. The bandwidth was populated with 10Mhz. I left things as they were and clicked start. I get an error panel labeled: Console “Encountered an improper argument.” I tried a few other bandwidths to see if that made a difference but no go. Any more tips are welcome…

I dont use SdrConsole … but if its possible , try a sample rate of 5,000,000 and a Rx bandwidth of 60Mhz

An update for those interested…I believe most of my problems have gone away as the result of switching out the USB cable that was provided by LimeSDR with one of my own. It seams strange but the cable provided by LimeSDR works ok with my Linux machine, works marginally with my Win 8 machine and does not work with my Win 7 machine. I suppose the USB hardware on each machine is more or less tolerant to cable issues.

I just tried it again and once I selected the radio it must remain highlighted to start the process. I don’t have a monster machine and only on-board video. 60 MHz would have killed it. I ran it at 7.5 MHz bandwidth. If you do have a super gaming machine, go for it.

Larry in El Paso