Luftek enclosure [split from Hammond case topic]

@jherbert If you look at his pictures on Ebay then it shows how he recommends installing the Lime.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Presale-LimeSDR-front-rear-panel-for-split-enclosure-case-/112088499793?hash=item1a18fec651:g:wgUAAOSwUEVYCj01

@jherbert,

I used a thin double-stick tape that you use for hanging pictures on 4 small pads where the original anchor points were (removed the plastic spacers/anchors). Put the double-stick pads on the 4 corners, adhered it to the case and then cased-up my LimeSDR V1.4. Simple and effective and it won’t short to the case because of the tape height.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Since I went with a black case, I suppose I’d need to sand the front and rear edges of the top and bottom case parts down to shiny aluminum to insure good electrical contact.

I don’t think so… the screws will bite through the anodising on the case, and there is exposed copper on the front and back plates… that should be enough.

update my 1.4 limesdr case

6 Likes

@jocover
impressive. If you have 2 LimeSDR and synchronise them on the same external clock then you could make an adaptive antenna with 4 antenna elements. Are the telescopic antennas arranged like that just for the picture or do you really want to use them with such a small spacing?

Cornelis DG7SEH

1 Like

@jocover Can you name a source for the telescopic antennas with sma connectors? All I could find were telescopes with bnc plugs.

You should be able to get them on eBay or Amazon.

Hi…
The currrent shipping estimate is nearly 4 months… is this accurate?
/ Gerry

First orders after CN Spring Festival ship tomorrow. Current orders will ship in in comming 2 week

1 Like

Ok… what does that mean in terms of transit time do you know?
Shipping from China can be very long.

Both are airmail. 2nd option is PostNL which also includes tracking number and should be faster. Send me PM if you want fastest metod DHL

@luftek I bought some off the frist batch and would like to add the 2nd reference clock. Do I have to purchase another full kit, or is there an option for just one panel? Just asking.

Thank you for supporting! So you have panel dated 20160924? I don’t have any spare at home. Contact me in PM.

got my case from china today, just waiting on the @luftek panels and i’ll be good to go, I think they are in the post on the way… :slight_smile:

1 Like

New batch shipping tomorrow, so from now on, panels are in stock.

@martywittrock sorry for taking over the topic, title reminds me everytime I write here

I have yet to turn off/disconnect my Lime since its arrival and the metal case feels cool, not cold but cool, to the touch. I went with the @luftek panels and his recommended case but did choose to use the 10 hole rear panel and only populate 5 of the holes in the hope of allowing a cooler running Lime. I obviously want a temp stable Lime so as to limit the chances of frequency drift. BTW the fit of the @luftek panels is so good I found no need to have to secure the Lime in place as we had previously discussed.

Split off onto a new topic, that hopefully makes more sense and is a bit easier to find.

Looks very good! Excellent

Leoha,

Scroll about midway up in this thread and it is possible to case the LimeSDR in a much smaller case than Luftek has, but Lufteck is obviously accommodating all the connectors such that nothing gets left out.

The link to the smaller case discussion is here ----> Continuing the discussion from Hammond 1455 V2 aluminum case for LimeSDR:

…And you can always enclose it in a little bigger case of the same make (has the same width and length dimensions, but has more height. When I get to the house tonight I’ll send you the part number for that other case. As shown in the link I sent you, the LimeSDR fits like a glove.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Just took the operating temperature on the surface of the black case, both panels mounted and fully populated. It’s 36 degrees (centigrade) on the bottom and 34 degrees on the top of the case, panels are around 30 degrees.

The elad sdr-s2 for comparison shows 30,5 on top and 31,5 on the bottom.