LimeSDR USB with 1x PCie to USB3.0 adapter issue

Hello all,

We could run successfully the Amarisoft LTE stack in our commercial i7 4th Gen 4.0GHz processor PC with LimeSDR USB.
As our custom PC has only 1xPCIe slot, We are checking the LimeSDR USB to our commercial PC by connecting via 1xPCIe to USB 3.0 adaptor.
With this setup, Amarisoft LTE eNodeB software is not running. It gives " TRX discontinuity too wide on port 0: 123ms" error. Amarisoft support says, additional latency causing this error.

Is it possible to use LimeSDR USB with PCIe Adaptor?
Can you please help us to resolve this issue?

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Srikanth

I had a Dell that I installed a PCIe USB3.0 card into that worked fine with both Windows & Linux.
Ed

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply, Can you please tell us if it a PCIe 1x or a 4x card. If possible can you please give us any link of the card so that we can purchase and try.

Thanks,

Best Regards,
Srikanth.

This was quite a while back. It was the cheapest Ebay card I could find, is all I remember.

Ed

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Can you please tell us if it is a PCIe 1x or 4x or 8x or 16x card?

Best Regards,
Srikanth.

I really am not sure. The computer is gone now. It was an $8 adapter from Ebay, as I remember, so not the highest of quality.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks a lot for the info. We will try to investigate.

Best Regards,
Srikanth.

The question is not that it can work or not, but the chipset the PICe to USB3 adapter uses.

The cheaper adapters use ASMedia chips, try to avoid those (likely your current one has a chip like that). A little bit better are the NEC/Renesas chips, I use one of this in my laptop (ExpressCard to USB3), and up until 20MHz it works reasonably well. The best USB3 chipsets are the inbuilt ones (Intel, AMD), but if you must use an external one, I would buy a card with VIA VL805/VL806 controller on it.

2 Likes