LimeSDR Mini v2.4 Rx only works when you transmit something

Hi,

I am using two different LimeSDR Mini v2.4 for a very simple sine wave transmission using gnuradio:

The LimeSDR Mini v2.4 Tx and Rx both come up when you are using same LimeSDR for transmitting and receiving. However, whenever I use two different LimeSDRs for transmission and reception, the Rx of the receiving LimeSDR doesn’t come up.

A quick fix is to send a single random source sample out of the Tx of the receiving LimeSDR which then turns on its Rx, but this is not a permanent solution.

Is there something else that can be done to turn on the Rx of the LimeSDR when it is not transmitting at all?

Thanks.

Hi,
This reminds me a similar issue I was having with my Mini v2.2: LimeSDR Mini V2 reading samples from RX FIFO - #2 by Zack

Not sure there is something you can do from just user side of gnuradio, I am not a huge expert of it. Maybe there is a way to configure TX channel without starting a stream.
Perhaps gnuradio can adopt some sort of quick fix, similar to the examples in the LimeSuite: Fix singleRX example to work correctly with LimeSDR Mini V2 · myriadrf/LimeSuite@e353507 · GitHub (at least until LimeSuiteNG is stable as it provides much cleaner API for developers, and also supports new XTRX hardware).