I purchased my LIMESDR MINI in April 2018 from crowd supply and received after 2 months.
Initially, I tested the SDR in LimeSuiteGUI_20171115_9c6611.exe, it was able to detect, load the default file, tx, Rx calibration was fine(green led). I was able to hear FM broadband reception using RTL SDR Console V3(version 3).
I thought to explore LTE base station software srsLTE and Osmocom BTS this month. To my amazement, the new LimeSuite though able to recognize unable to load default, Rx and tx calibration were failing(yellow and red led).
Rx calibration error message
[13:41:25] ERROR: Rx calibration: MCU error 3 (SXR tune failed)
Tx calibration error message
[13:42:14] ERROR: Tx Calibration: MCU error 2 (CGEN tune failed)
Default loading error message
[13:42:33] ERROR: SetFrequencyCGEN(61.44 MHz) failed
In Lime quicktest output

RF Loopback Test ]
->Configure LMS
SetFrequencySXT(1250 MHz) - cannot deliver frequency
TuneVCO(CGEN) - failed to lock (cmphl!=0)
SetFrequencyCGEN(122.88 MHz) failed
Failed to set sample rate
->RF Loopback Test FAILED

=> Board tests FAILED <=

Rest tests clock,FPGA, and LMS7002 are passing.
Needless to say, the same issues are coming when I try to run srsLTE.
I could not receive FM using the latest SDR Console software(3.0.10).

When I revert back to the older SDR Console(3.0), I am able to listen to FM station(the TX option is not active in this version so I can’t check transmission). It appears to me the firmware issue and when I try to update the firmware using latest Limesuite, the status says updates are successful but the SDR does not pass tx, Rx calibration, unable to load default settings.
I presume my SDR is working fine(at least Rx part which I could verify) but there is a firmware mismatch.

I request the members to help me to find out how I could update the firmware and will be able to use SDR Console first then perhaps I could use in LTE.

What exactly LimeSuiteGUI version do you use?

after updating the firmware LimeSDR-Mini_HW_1.1_r1.24.rpd , LimeSuiteGUI (LimeSuiteGUI_20171115_9c6611 and LimeSuiteGUI_20190513_b534e74) both are working fine.

I am unable to update the firmware LimeSDR-Mini_HW_1.2_r1.30.rpd properly , once the latest firmware gets loaded by LimeSuiteGUI_20190513_b534e74, default and other settings fails.

[01:38:28] ERROR: TuneVCO(CGEN) - failed to lock (cmphl!=0)
[01:38:28] ERROR: SetFrequencyCGEN(61.44 MHz) failed
[01:38:41] ERROR: SetFrequencySXT(1240.01 MHz) - cannot deliver frequency.

With LimeSDR-Mini_HW_1.1_r1.24.rpd firmware i am able to RX and probably TX should be working in SDR Console (version 3, 3.0.10).

Hi @tikiarya,

What is your LimeSDR-Mini version?


Hi @tikiarya,

OK, thanks. Could check what is written on your board in the place highlighted by red rectangle, please.

it is v1.2

Hi @tikiarya,

Could you perform this sequence and copy/paste log output here, please:

  1. Assuming 1.24 gateware loaded;
  2. Using LimeSuiteGUI_20190513_b534e74 update gateware to 1.30;
  3. Try to tune CGEN/SXT/SXR.

Version 1.30 , the tuning fails , it works good in 1.24 firmware

[12:44:10] ERROR: TuneVCO(CGEN) - failed to lock (cmphl!=0)
[12:44:10] ERROR: SetFrequencyCGEN(61.44 MHz) failed
[12:44:41] ERROR: TuneVCO(CGEN) - failed to lock (cmphl!=0)
[12:47:03] ERROR: Tx Calibration: MCU error 4 (SXT tune failed)
[12:47:08] INFO: CGEN frequency set to 61.439999 MHz
[12:47:34] INFO: SXT frequency set to 1240.010000 MHz

I have checked this behavior in both windows 10 and linux

Hi @tikiarya,

Do you push “Default” button after you connect to the board?

Good advice for everyone - don’t buy LimeSDR-Mini. I bought it too - unfortunately there was no good investment.

yes, i press default

Are you experiencing any issues?

I received mine about 10 days ago.
Out of the box, the only thing that actually seem to work is the self test. Haven’t had the time to do some deep research yet.

I observed osmocom bts, srslte package works with my limesdr mini when it is loaded with firmware 1.24, the latest firmware 1.30 does not work with these packages

my mini have 1.30 and i’m running osmotrxlms without any problems

@skymos , Paul I envy you :slight_smile: , The limesdr-mini works good with sdr console program(latest version) with firmware 1.30, but somehow it did not work with srsLTE and osmcombts.
But it does work only with firmware 1.24. However, even if the transmission is there in srsLTE , i could not see the network.
with osmocombts(NITB), i am unable to compile osmo-bts-trx due to strange reason. You could refer

Probably i am that not that good in Linux/Unix OS, could you help

I use debian 9 64bit. I compile everything transceiver related from sources (limesuite, libosmocore and osmo-trx) and just apt the rest (nitb and osmo-bts-trx).
I even running this on Armbian stretch on a SBC (not PI4! pi4 is full of bugs. i use H5 based SBC. too popular to name a name)
You obviously need to renice/chrt the transceiver process! It needs RT (or near RT) priority to run properly, especially lte.
You also must configure/compile osmo-trx with proper flags to enable full LMS support. Dig.