welle.io loses lock

Hi,

I have a LimeSDR mini v1.1 and I have a reception problem with welle.io (DAB+ receiver software). First I get the audio signal for some minutes and then I lose it (lost lock). The chips on the board also get very hot. At the same location with a HackRF I receive the same radio station without losing the lock. What do I wrong, do I have to set something or has my device a HW problem?

Kind regards,

Roger

Hi Roger,

Can you post the output of LimeQuickTest before and after this happens.

Hi Andrew,

I tried to reproduce it, but now it works. I attached the antenna to the window and now the better reception seems to solve the problem. I will try an other day at the same (not so good) location and check again if the HackRF has a better reception than the LimeSDR mini.

Kind regards,
Roger

Hi Roger,

Glad to hear it’s working OK. Note that there are a lot of things which could affect reception and parameters that may be optimised to improve this. I see that welle.io uses the SoapySDR wrapper and while this supports lots of SDRs, they don’t list LimeSDR specifically. Hence I wondered if the developers have even tested it with this and, if they have not, may be it applies sub-optimal settings.