Missing LimeSDR modules in GNUradio

Hello,

I am very new to SDR, everything works fine until I try to connect it to GNUradio. I’m not familiar to it so my question cna be very trivial, however I have followed the GR-LimeSDR installation but when I open it in GNUradio there is no front end module (LimeRFE) as in the tutorial.

Screenshot%20from%202020-05-12%2010-25-25

What can I do to have this module?

Also on LimeSuiteSink TX, if I have many frequencies that I want to send from the GNUradio flow chart, what should I put in RF frequency?

Thank you very much in advance for your help ^^ and I wish you all a nice week

This site has the install instructions -

https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. My LimeSuite works correctly, I’m asking more about the GNUradio modules of the LimeSDR that has missing the front end

They missed a step you also need to do a -

sudo apt-get install gr-limesdr

Hello,

Thank you for your reply

I’ve already installed the gr-limesdr and like I’ve said, LimeSDR Sink (TX) and LimeSDR Source (RX) shown up but there is nothing to configure the frond end (Lime RFE Control) like in the tutorial shown here https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Gr-limesdr_Plugin_for_GNURadio

Just to be sure I do it again but it says “gr-limesdr is already the newest version (3.0.1-2build1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 12 not upgraded.”

Thank you for your reply!

Sorry, I miss-understood your question. It appears that the LimeRFE stuff is in the latest version of gr-limesdr - so you will have to build gr-limesdr from the source.

You will need to enable “ENABLE_RFE” in CMakeLists.txt.

I tried to build from source but it says my GNUradio version is too new "GnuRadio version required: >=“3.7.8” < “3.8.0” found: “3.8.1.0"”

While I do not want to downgrade the GNUradio, is there a way to bypass this error?

Yes, I got it to build by changing the version number and a bunch of other things, but they changed the way that gnuradio 3.8.1.0 interacts with its python modules and the gnuradio-companion could not find the lime modules written using the old xml format. I down loaded the source (uBuntu 20.04) for gr-limesdr, when it started having problems, I looked and it does not seem to have the LimeRFE stuff in it anyway - so I gave up on the build. There is some discussion in another thread - may be they know what is going on and can point to a working version -

1 Like