Ubuntu 20.04 LTS ppa

Are there plans to create the repository for the 20.04 LTS release of Ubuntu, if so when should we epect it to appear?

I dont really want to point back to the previous LTS release repository. 20.04 LTS is available now and the lack of repository may be slowing up adoption and use of LimeSDR. I understood not supporting point releases.

Mick

Sure and will see if we can schedule building for this with the next Lime Suite release, which I hope will be in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Andrew,

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to see it will be available soon.

Mick

The snap store version of 20.01.0 is currently working for me on 20.04 LTS

Will you update this thread when the ppa is available?

Mick

Andrew,

I have now built Limesuite and gr-limesdr from source, and installed gnuradio-companion on 20.04 LTS.

Things are now working as expected, just taken longer than a simple ppa install.

I did have to copy the /usr/local/lib/python3/dist-packages/limesdr folder to the respective /python3.8/dist-packages folder for gnuradio-companion to overcome the ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘limesdr’ when running from the desktop launcher. An initial fix was to use this tip at the command line to point at the python3 install location and run from terminal. ModuleNotFoundError:

Kind regards

Mick

1 Like

Good to hear you are up and running, but you shouldn’t have to ever copy files around. Worst case you should have to set a path environment variable, so that it finds the module.

@Garmus, any thoughts on a better fix for this?

So is the 20.04 repo going to be setup? I just tried to install from it and get the dreaded, “E: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/myriadrf/drivers/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file.”

1 Like

Basically a follow-up question – does anyone know when we can expect ubuntu 20.04 LTS ppa to be setup? If this is not a prirority anytime soon I may need to consider rolling back to 18.04 LTS.
Any details will be appreciated. I tried compiling LimeSuite from the source under 20.04 but it quickly became time consuming.
Tnx.

It’s planned for the end of July and to coincide with the next Lime Suite release. I had hoped it might be sooner, but there are some other improvements we wanted to incorporate.

2 Likes

Thanks, Andrew, appreciate this info.