LimeUtil --update failing - which image files to use manually?


#1

Howdy,

I put the LimeSDR down for quite some time as I couldn’t get the desktop SW configured correctly and then ran out of time, but am back at it. I’m on a Mac and installed LimeSuite with brew which worked brilliantly, but . . .

I can’t update the FW on the LimeSDR using LimeUtil --update. I ran LimeQuickTest and got an OK, but the same FW mismatch that came up with LimeUtil. I’ve tried following the links that come up in the LimeUtil error, but they don’t resolve.

I then tried doing the update in a Windows VM using the Pothos SDR suite, but couldn’t get the drivers to recognize the board - sigh.

Eventually after stumbling on a post here I go to the firmware downloads dir on the MyriadRF site (http://downloads.myriadrf.org/project/limesuite/) but am uncertain which files to download for my board - can someone tell me which images for the FW and FPGA I should download. I’ve included the LimeQuickTest output below.

One note, I’ve never touched the FW on this board, so the config mismatch is factory.

Thanks -

Art


LimeQuicktest

[ TESTING STARTED ]

->Start time: Thu Mar 7 15:22:31 2019

Firmware version mismatch!

Expected firmware version 4, but found version 2

Follow the FW and FPGA upgrade instructions:

http://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite#Flashing_images

Or run update on the command line: LimeUtil --update

Gateware version mismatch!

Expected gateware version 2, revision 18

But found version 2, revision 5

Follow the FW and FPGA upgrade instructions:

http://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite#Flashing_images

Or run update on the command line: LimeUtil --update

->Device: LimeSDR-USB, media=USB 3.0, module=FX3, addr=1d50:6108, serial=0009060B0046361C

Serial Number: 0009060B0046361C

[ Clock Network Test ]

->FX3 GPIF clock test

Test results: 40365; 44121; 47877 - PASSED

->Si5351C test

CLK0: 17554 / 17554 - PASSED

CLK1: 17554 / 17554 - PASSED

CLK2: 17554 / 17554 - PASSED

CLK3: 17554 / 17554 - PASSED

CLK4: 17554 / 17554 - PASSED

CLK5: 17554 / 17554 - PASSED

CLK6: 17554 / 17554 - PASSED

->ADF4002 Test

Result: 10 - PASSED

->VCTCXO test

Results : 5112949 (min); 5113085 (max) - PASSED

->Clock Network Test PASSED

[ FPGA EEPROM Test ]

->Read EEPROM

->Read data: 10 0C 1D 10 0C 1D 02

->FPGA EEPROM Test PASSED

[ LMS7002M Test ]

->Perform Registers Test

->External Reset line test

Reg 0x20: Write value 0xFFFD, Read value 0xFFFD

Reg 0x20: value after reset 0x0FFFF

->LMS7002M Test PASSED

[ RF Loopback Test ]

->Configure LMS

->Run Tests (TX_2-> LNA_L):

CH0 (SXR=800.0MHz, SXT=805.0MHz): Result:(-14.1 dBFS, 5.00 MHz) - PASSED

CH1 (SXR=800.0MHz, SXT=805.0MHz): Result:(-16.3 dBFS, 5.00 MHz) - PASSED

->Run Tests (TX_1 -> LNA_W):

CH0 (SXR=1800.0MHz, SXT=1805.0MHz): Result:(-15.3 dBFS, 5.00 MHz) - PASSED

CH1 (SXR=1800.0MHz, SXT=1805.0MHz): Result:(-17.0 dBFS, 5.00 MHz) - PASSED

->Run Tests (TX_2-> LNA_H):

CH0 (SXR=2500.0MHz, SXT=2505.0MHz): Result:(-17.7 dBFS, 5.00 MHz) - PASSED

CH1 (SXR=2500.0MHz, SXT=2505.0MHz): Result:(-14.7 dBFS, 5.00 MHz) - PASSED

->RF Loopback Test PASSED

=> Board tests PASSED <=

Elapsed time: 1.43 seconds


#2

Hi @E5I50,

FX3 MCU firmware:
https://github.com/myriadrf/LimeSDR-USB_FX3/blob/master/Debug/LimeSDR-USB_fx3_fw.img

FPGA gateware:
https://github.com/myriadrf/LimeSDR-USB_GW/blob/master/output_files/LimeSDR-USB_lms7_trx_HW_1.4.rbf


#3

Hi Zack,

Thanks so much, I’ll give these a whirl.

Art


#4

A quick update that may help other users.

While I was able to DL the images that Zack provided, I got a lot of error messages after loading them into the LimeSDR and wasn’t able to use the device after that.

I poked back through the complaints that “limeutil --update” gave and tried manually running the wget command that was failing in the update. Much to my surprise, apparently Mac OS (running High Sierra ) does not have wget - root cause for update issue now identified!

The solution was to simply run " brew install wget" and then “limeutil --update” Everything seems good to go now - so if you are on OS X, and having issues with limeutil --update, try installing wget with brew first.

Art