LimeSDR XTRX mPCIe SDR readies for launch!

Thank you!

We are really counting on it for our project!

With any kind of reasonable limitation, it would be really nice.

There should be an update going out via Crowd Supply soon. In short there was a delay scheduling production at the assembly house, and we now expect to be sending boards to CS end 2nd week in January.

2 Likes

Is there any news on the gateware for the rev.4 boards by any chance? Would be nice if @Zack can comment on it. Looked at the LimeSDR-XTRX_GW commit log, but I was not able to find any sign of it.

My offer still stands: if there is a version to test, I am happy to do so (besides basic spectral tests I can also do vector analysis for FDD and TD-LTE up to 20MHz).

See this thread for details:

Although note that we are moving to a new API, with XTRX being the first board to support this. A backwards compatibility wrapper is being developed to enable existing LMS API enabled apps to be used without being updated, and I don’t think that has been released just yet, but should be very soon. As we put the final touches on this and work towards a release, we likely won’t have time to support users who are flashing gateware to old Fairwaves boards and building apps against a moving target :slight_smile:

Hi Andrew,

The linked topic is about rev.5 XTRX boards, which has exactly the same FPGA as the Lime XTRX. However, there is a large userbase on rev.3/4 boards with a FPGA a bit less onboard memory. As @brainey6 highlighted before, that can cause issues, although it is still unclear if the memory utilization can be lowered by simply not using MIMO or using it at a smaller sampling rate? I am not expecting support, but at least it would be nice if @Zack or @ricardas can comment at least from a theoretical point of on this subject.

If they can easily comment either way — which is to say without having to do some work to figure it out — I’m sure they will.

However, assuming what you suggest is possible it will need someone to do the FPGA development work anyway.

Hi!
Happy New Year everyone!

are the boards still on track to go out to Crowd Supply this week?

@andrewback do you have any update on the shipping?

Just checked in with a colleague, and programming and testing is taking longer than expected, but they should ship out by the end of this week.

1 Like

Has it shipped?

@andrewback I see the status on mouser as delayed until Feb 16.
https://www.mouser.ch/ProductDetail/Lime-Microsystems/CS-LIME-27?qs=pBunHO6%2BwtF5IhaApqrpbQ%3D%3D

will Crowd Supply order be fulfilled first?

I should think so.

Please contact Crowd Supply regarding order status, as we have no access to their systems and customer details.

Understood.
Have the boards shipped to Crowd Supply?

Yes.

Thank you!

6 posts were split to a new topic: Getting up and running with LimeSDR XTRX