LimeSDR under SDR-Console

@joshblum ,

Is this with the existing Pothos release? Please let me know - I can tune HF, but I’m not seeing anything coherent yet on my new Lime (V1.4) hardware.

Also, I started an update of my Linux box last night and let it run the entire night only to find that the version I have is 16.04 that’s been updated. If I recall right, you were updating to 16.1? Please let me know that, too. I may have to just format and start over on my flash drive bootable Ubuntu install and on my mini-tower. I tried doing an update as in (in a terminal window): LimeUtil --update …and the system bounced back with nothing being loaded. LimeSuite must not be updated in 16.04, so again, I think I’m going to have to just start from scratch on my Linux installs. What Linux version(s) does the new HW/FW/SW support? Let me know that, too.

More to follow…Stay tuned…

73 de Marty, KN0CK

HF is working for both LimeSDR-USB 1v2 board as well as 1v4. Just LimeSuite.dll needs to be compiled from the latest code.
Here is a 14MHz signal suplied from signal generator:

2 Likes

Any and all in principle. You just need to be able to satisfy the Lime Suite build dependencies.

Zack,

let’s check tomorrow that I do have the latest code changes, then I’ll compile again and you can check. My v1.4 board is somewhere between the US and UK.

So once @SimonG4ELI sends out an update with the recompiled limesdr.dll @Zack we shoud have HF access?
Did you recompile the dll and add it to the sdr-console folder?

Paul

Next thing on my list.

‘Beware the Radish’

1 Like

Kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/711ynspyn97163s/SDR-Radio%20V3%2C%2064-bit%2C%202017-02-02_1651.exe?dl=0

Compiled with the github code downloaded just 30 minutes ago.

HF does not work with v1.2s board (or at least no signals seen), v1.4 board has not arrived so not tested.

Simon,

Just pulled this down just now - more to follow later today after work - Stay tuned…

73 de Marty, KN0CK

got it, will test on 1.4 as soon as I get home…

Paul

@SimonG4ELI @martywittrock

OK tried it, NO hf at all, some BFM images down at around 29-34mhz, seems about the same as the previous version… This is on a 1,4 board with the 1.3_3.0hw and the 1.4r2.6 rbf file installed…oh and using the RX1-L antenna

Paul

Oh Well,

What on earth did Zack do to get HF? Maybe he hasn’t uploaded the changes to git hub. I’m getting a bit fed up with this.

not sure, but i have nothing, no AM broadcast, no HF… Not sure what they changed but I know you had it working as did marty…

Paul

perhaps we can get him do post his limesuite.dll and we can drop that into your setup? And where he compiled it from?

@Zack

Can you share your limesuite.dll that you are using? So we can drop it into console and test it, and where did you compile it from, as we are still not getting HF?

Paul & @SimonG4ELI , @martywittrock

@joshblum

I get a different listing and an error 1.4 with the latest downloads?

C:\Users\Paul Jones>limeutil --make
Make device

########################################################

!!! Warning: firmware version mismatch !!!

Expected firmware version 2, but found version 3

Follow the FW and FPGA upgrade instructions:

http://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite#Flashing_images

Or run update on the command line: LimeUtil --update

!!! Warning: gateware version mismatch !!!

Expected gateware version 2, revision 2

But found version 2, revision 6

Follow the FW and FPGA upgrade instructions:

http://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite#Flashing_images

Or run update on the command line: LimeUtil --update

Estimated reference clock 30.7195 MHz
Selected reference clock 30.720 MHz
Device name: LimeSDR-USB
Expansion name: UNSUPPORTED
Firmware version: 3
Hardware version: 4
Protocol version: 1
Gateware version: 2
Gateware revision: 6
Gateware target: LimeSDR-USB
Serial number: 0x9060b00470b27
Free connection… OK

@nn4f_radio the version numbers look good, but the fact that the library expects the older versions means that the library/dll is old and out of date. Which means it does not include the latest fixes.

ok that was from the pothossdr from jan23, so once that gets updated, should that fix it?

@joshblum I copied simons new dll over to the pothos dir and all the warnings have gone

Ah I didnt know where the dll came from. Yes indeed, that will fix it. I was waiting on a gnuradio merge, if it doesnt come tomorrow, I will just kick off the new build anyway.

I copied simons new dll over to the pothos dir and all the warnings have gone

That might work for limeutil, but FYI, many of the apps will expect the dll to be Release/x64/vc14. So just a warning if copying the dll gives some trouble. Since I dont know what msvc ABI Simon build the dll for.

I using 17.02 release version limesuite
have the same FM image problem