LimeSDR under SDR-Console

Too much gain. I see similar things with the Ettus B200.

@SimonG4ELI any update simon, Iā€™ve been off here for a few days, planning the move of my TV station to a new buildingā€¦

Paul

Paul,

Coders are coding.

Niceā€¦iā€™ll wait patiently thenā€¦ Btw, new test kit is working AOK with the RSP2Proā€¦

@andrewback - - Can you pull this discussion thread into the LimeSDR forum? Itā€™s outside of there now and really should be relocated. Thanks in advance for your help with that - 73 de Marty, KN0CK

@martywittrock done!

@martywittrock that was my fault when I started itā€¦ sorry

Paul - no biggieā€¦Itā€™s coolā€¦ :slight_smile:

Josh,

I was re-reading your post the other day and failed to answer your question on V1.2 hardware with GQRX. I havenā€™t been successful yet loading the new software onto the V1.2 board and trying it. I tried a couple of days after the release using the new LimeSuite tool and it would not load the board - came back with an error. I even tried to load the new software using the old school method of loading the .img and .rbf files manually and it errored out during the load. So Iā€™m still on the old firmware with the V1.2 hardware for now. Wish I could load the new firmware because I have a notion that it would probably work fine because of the flipped bits in the new V1.4 HW. Keep us advised on your progress there - thanks, Josh.

FWIW the problem with images is fixed! Am now compiling latest github code with the HF fix.

@SimonG4ELI Great Job, look forward to testing itā€¦

FWIW - LimeSDR v1.2s hardware, 65MHz bandwidth, 80% FFT overlap, 320 million FFT bins (points) / second using GTX 970 for the FFT.

3 Likes

Impressive Simon. Quite a bit of video card power is needed for that much span and quite a bit CPU.

CPU is not too bad, but you do need a CUDA card for this sort of FFT :slight_smile: . You donā€™t have to use such high resolution, normal resolution would result in 80 million FFT /second at 65MHz bandwidth.

COOL, Simon - Keep us advised of where the latest version will be (link) - 73 de Marty, KN0CK

OK,

Hereā€™s a link to a 64-bit kit. I donā€™t see any HF but never have (still only have v1.2s hardware), Iā€™ll be working with Lime tomorrow.

Linky: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nycwk8z8zqmupa5/SDR-Radio%20V3%2C%2064-bit%2C%202017-01-31_1608.exe?dl=0

Will test as soon as I get homeā€¦just got a GTX1050 cardā€¦ Should fly hopefullyā€¦

So Simon, when can we expect a port to Linux and MacOS (hint hint nudge nudge)? :smiley:

-Freeman, N5FPP

ā€˜Go forth and multiplyā€™, or in other words - Never!

did anyone purchase their Lime with the enclosure? Simon, is your Lime unenclosed?