LimeSDR under SDR-Console

Guess what … I just put the 12 in whip outside. I now have BEARLY AUDIBLE audio from that station, See STEREO in audio window. But barely audible whereas my scanner is EASILY receiving great audio indoors. And no RDS decode

Agreed. @andrewback Andy, I think there is more than enough ‘evidence’ here that my Lime is a Lemon … and is deaf.

What’s the process to get a replacement?

Simon, Marty, Paul … sorry to have hijacked your ‘Lime under SDRC’ channel with my crappy problem. I LOVE SDRC and want to be part of it’s development. I have the time, the skills, and the passion to contribute aggressively.

Thanks all.

Over and out!

Was your Moded by CS or yourself … not at all ?
Use a cellphone and take a pic of where the choke is / and transformer … is there a short maybe?
FLip over the FL connector and see if its coupling pin(cup?) is not damaged …

@Kc7noa Mike, et al

I need to move the issue back to my own thread. I’m hijacking the good work folks are doing here.

See My Lime seems completely deaf

Quick answer : no mods by me (or CS as far as I can tell)
FL is coupling just fine
The pix you asked for are posted there

Ah, yes, it does: firmware 3.0 and gateware 2.6 are the latest.

that 100% sucks … looks like it needs replaced …

@9a4db Hey Djani, meant to ask you … what kind of antenna do you have connected for this waterfall? And on which RX port? I’m seeing RX_W in the screenshot. Is that really correct?

73s de Dave W7BOT

Antenna -> 50 cm of PVC wire
RX1 W at that moment non modified
Pls see my other “learning curve” post too.

This is how the FM band look like in the Munich, Germany area. Antenna is a large active loop that covers a range from 50 kHz to 200 MHz. Due to its size it is most suitable for lower frequencies.

As you can see RDS decoding works just fine, as does stereo reception.

Plus a quick look at the 2.4 GHz wireless LAN activity:

Thanks @jherbert and @9a4db. See my most recent reply to Zach (from LimeMicro) at My Lime seems completely deaf.

In summary, with my Lime, there is NO combination of gain settings and/or antennas and/or RX1_L, _H, _W ports that allows the Lime to receive an acceptable signal, which my other receivers are easily receiving.

Basically, as it is right now, this $300 brick is getting it’s ass kicked by even my cheap $25 RLT-SDR dongle.

PS: if you want reply or add anything, could you please do it in that thread?? We now know the problem is not related to SDR-Console. I’m having same problems using LimeSuite and GQRX. I’m trying to keep this thread ‘on topic’. Thanks :slight_smile:

Can someone tell me how to tell sdr-console to use RX2?

@hf_user,

That functionality has not been applied to the current version of the program - that’s in a future release. This initial release from Simon only has provisions to receive RX1.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Where I could download the latest, working SDR-Console-v3 for V1.4?

I installed the SDR-Console-v3 preview version online dated as Jan 08, 2017 and I get this error message when connecting: “Encountered an improper argument”

Some more info:

I installed the latest version found in:

But now SDR-Console doesn’t seem to recognize the v1.4 board:

I may be missing some steps here…

Have you tried different program and confirm it works for me never has problem with sdr console.

The Lime Suite GUI self test works. Which other program would you recommend?

GQRX, Qspectrum analyzer, URH=universal radio hacker, but for just listening gqrx and sdr console is ok once you made it work if not i’d say uninstall sdr console same as the drive run ccleaner and bleach it then reboot install the drive plug in the card install software this mostly fixed some issue specially in windows.

@SimonG4ELI

I was able to connect in Win10 and in Ubuntu VM to LimeSuite and GQRX, but I got the following errors when attempting to use SDR-Console in Win10:

• Version 2017-01-08_2122 fails with “Encountered an improper argument”. This version is not supported to work with v1.4 hardware.

• Version 2017-02-21_0910 fails with “Radio not found or definition is invalid”.

As I understand that SDR-Console is in preview mode for LimeSDR v1.4, are these errors expected?

Here is the device info:

Check for updated firmware

@Ancer

It seems to have the latest firmware: