LimeSDR under SDR-Console

USb 3 or 2 are have you tried with combine external P.S the lastest firmware dont need the external p.s in usb 2.0

Iā€™m using USB3 with no external PS.

addr=1d50:6108,driver=lime,media=ā€˜USB 3.0ā€™,module=STREAM,name=LimeSDR-USB,serial=0009060A02430E1E,soapy=0

Choose other driver= driver=lime

@Ancer @SimonG4ELI

SDR-Console-v3 seems to work only with USB2 in my computer with WIN10, and it fails with USB3.

When connecting to a USB2 port and searching devices again, SDR-Console was able to connect to LimeSDR (USB2). Then I compared SDR-IQ against Lime-SDR side-by-side on 20-meter both sharing a HF Active Loop antenna.

The results look good for LimeSDR with the HF mod.

Here is SDR-IQ (20meter):

Here is LimeSDR (20meter):

@SimonG4ELI

Is there a plan to support USB3 in WIN10?

USB3 is supported i used in my laptop with win 10 my desktop im using right now is ubuntu 16.04 has usb 2 only so the only thing is might be your usb 3 chipset have issue.

@Ancer

This is not a chipset issue, this is called a ā€œcompatibility issueā€.

My computer is a AMD 5GHz, so there might be a compatibility issue here.

Almost the same but at least he got to work if his just gonna used it for ham listening usb 2 is good enough for him

I noticed the LimeSuite.dll and libusb-1.0.dll in SDR-Console are older than the ones used in LimeSuite.

Maybe Simon will need to update some libs later to make compatible with more USB3 chipsets (AMD and Intel).

I havenā€™t done hf mod in mine not much priority to me.

Not sure but this first time i heard about usb 3 issue with the lime if not have so many problem in usb 3 they probably not gonna update it soon just mostly main limesuite.exe

In 40-meter:

SDR-IQ:

LimeSDR:

I will try 80-m and 160-m later today.

Not bad AT ALL, and congrats to @SimonG4ELI in making SDR-Console available for LimeSDR as a preview version yet.

2 Likes

Just good program but need more works on it its cpu hunger i have i7 pro its about 40-60% sometimes

Yes, I noticed that SDR-Console with LimeSDR takes 3x more CPU resources than with SDR-IQ.

Hope it gets better next release.

@robalenper
My LimeSDR works ok on USB2 and 3 under Win10
you must check driverā€¦

@9a4db

do you have intel or amd motherboard/cpu?

Here it is ->

Definitely something still funky with it under USB3 on Win10 using Intel hardware.
GQRX works for me at full 65MHz (but crashes every time I enable WFM of any type) while SDR Console give me the same argument error as everyone else.
USB2 mode works, lucky me I have a cable that forces that mode on the LimeSDR (donā€™t ask why, I have no idea) but no love on USB3.

As for hardware being the issue, I have Intel USB3 from the X270 chipset on my board, I7-7700k processor and NVidia 1080 SLI with 64GB of ram so system specs are NOT an issue, it should scream right along with the GPUā€™s practically idling with a full 65MHz FFT showing.

Looks like a USB3 driver issue in the SDR Console.
Other than that I love this software and hope it gets sorted for this and transmit as it really is the dogs bollocks.

Sorry to be a dunce. Iā€™ve just installed the new V.3. Connected via Lime Suite GUI. Started SDRConsole. Have a waterfall and noise. Short antenna on RX1_H and RX2_L. Iā€™m very close to several FM stations and canā€™t find anything. Suspect Iā€™ve got the wrong antenna ports selected. i7 Machine with GeForce 970 video card. CPU use 14% GPU 3.8% Audio delay 38 ms with two receivers open. USP3 plugged into a powered hub with the extra power part of the cable plugged into the extra power slot on the hub. Nothing else on the hub. Looks nice on the 4K monitorā€¦if I had signals!

How do I allocate the 6 RX ports among the receivers? Say I want RX1 to be on the RX1_H and RX2 to be on the RX2_L ports.

Thanks, N0UU

@N0UU - Larry,

SDRConsole V3.0 just has the RX1_H, RX1_L, and RX_W ports identified right now for use - a later version may have those when transmit is also working with SDRConsole. You can configure half of them right now (all the RX1 ports) until there are provisions in later versions at the end of Summer (that Iā€™m aware of - thatā€™s what Simon mentioned the last time he was on the forum, heā€™s been real busy with other SDRs and plans to get back to the LimeSDR later in the year to finish it). Hope this information helps - 73,

de Marty, KN0CK