LimeSDR under SDR-Console

Marty, thanks for confirming. That’s exactly what I would have expected. SDRC seems to be using receive channel 1. I’ve tried all 3 LNAs … RX1_H, RX1_L and RX1_W. There is no setting that produces expected results. The Lime (lemon???) is deaf on all LNAs and across all frequencies.

As a reference, I’m using a local FM broadcast station here on 106.500. I have a little scanner with rubber duckie directly next to the Lime, to make sure there a signal at that spot in my lab. The scanner receives that station S9+. See screenshot where it’s evident Lime hears NOTHING. And look across the band. There is a whole lot of noise all over the place, but nothing that looks like a 250kHz wide FM broadcast station. And there are (in reality) MANY bcst stns in that part of the spectrum.

The screenshot also shows I’ve got my other settings (gains, sample rate, etc) set to exactly match Simon’s personal setup, from a screenshot he kindly posted here for Paul a few weeks back when he was helping him get up-n-running on Console.

I wish you were right that this is probably just a silly cockpit error on my part, but I’m starting to accept the probable … that I was sent a dud!

Also, @leoha has kindly been working with me in my other thread My Lime seems completely deaf. There he posted a screenshot of what Windows GQRX (installed from pothosware) looks like for him, even without antenna connected. Plenty of stns. On mine, using exactly his parameters in GQRX … nothing, nada, nyet. Just noise floor with a few little spikes.

Finally, even with the native LimeSuite (no apps, no Soapy, etc), using the Receive function there I’m also flat-lining. This little board is just brain-dead.

Just confirm one last thing for me … there’s nothing special I need to setup in LimeSuite to initialize the Lime with some special setting before launching SDR-Console, is there? SDRC takes care of all setup/initialization that’s needed?

Thanks bud :slight_smile:

Dave W7BOT
Seattle