LimeSDR Mini USB errors

Sorry, I really am not an expert.

My only idea is that for I don’t know what reason the FPGA code has been “corrupted”.
Have you tried something like the command Limeutil --update before the problem occured ? or maybe tried to update the board via LimeSuite ?

If you bought the SDR two years ago and never used it, then just now installed the latest drivers, I’m wondering if there is an incompatibility… @Zack would be better placed to advise.

Which version of driver I should installed. Please advise.

Hello . I returned . The programmer arrived and I connected to the software, it automatically detects but cannot write. Now is it possible that the Quartus software is a demo?
It does not accept either the .sof or .pof file

On the menu: EXamine can select and go up to 100 percent.
Once I managed to make a menu: check, but I didn’t succeed.

Please help me if possible.

Can you try this .sof file and tell me if it works.

Edit : I just noticed that you are using Quartus Prime Standard Edition which requires a licence (quite expensive). Did you buy it ?

To work with LimeSDR-mini, Quartus Prime Lite edition 15.1 is advised (and it’s free).

Hi

with the file I managed to make and the led started to flash with red-orange as it comes from the manufacturer
But I couldn’t write .pof files.
If I remove the Lime sdr from the USB port and insert tagain, the LED it does nothing
I will try to download the free version of Quartus prime lite 15.1

:frowning:

It’s a good start.

It’s normal, when you use a .sof file, the program is stored in RAM, so it’s lost when you unplug it.
To keep the program on the board you need to upload the .pof file.
And to upload the .pof the board needs to be programmed with the .sof first.

So what you need to do :

1- Upload the .sof file and keep the board plugged in

2- Upload the .pof file (don’t forget to check all the boxes under Program/configure).
It should take more time than the .sof file

The problem is that it doesn’t let me load POF files.

The .sof file didn’t let me upload either until I received the sof from you :slight_smile:

Sorry I never had theses errors so I can’t help you more :slightly_frowning_face:

The problem comes from Quartus, not your board. The last thing I can tell you is to try with Quartus Prime Lite Edition 15.1 (I’m using this version).

Did you install the MAX10 FPGA device support when you installed Quartus ?
But I think you did since you could upload the .sof file

[quote=“Baer, post:26, topic:6803”]
Quartus prime lite 15.1
[/quote]it’s fine.

the problem was that where I downloaded .sof and .pof files was not ok. that is, the size was the difference.
I downloaded what you posted on the forum and it was ok.
Now it also loads .pof files but it goes a bit slow but I have time to wait.