LimeSDR mini 2 on windows 11

Hi, New to this.
Trying to setup a Lime SDR Mini 2 on Windows 11 system, current updates.

Per the directions in loading the FT601 driver it will not load, either via the install file or using the FTD3XXDriver_WHQLCertified_v1.3.0.8.zip file.
I was able to get it to work on an old Windows 10 laptop. A raspberry pi was able to see it and run the LimeUtil --update command.(After having to move the empty file to the right directory).
The output of --info and the windows driver status is below.
It’s also confusing, this is a LimeSDR item purchased through crowdsource and supported via Myriad site.
Again, sorry if this is basic stuff but for the error as well as general info it is not easy to find path, posting here was suggested by someone from Lime.

Thanks
Regards, john

The driver status is:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

LimeUtil --info from RPI:
Version information:
Library version: v22.09.1+dfsg-1+b2
Build timestamp: 2022-12-27
Interface version: v2022.9.1
Binary interface: 22.09-1

System resources:
Installation root: /usr
User home directory: /root
App data directory: /root/.local/share/LimeSuite
Config directory: /root/.limesuite
Image search paths:
- /root/.local/share/LimeSuite/images
- /usr/share/LimeSuite/images

Supported connections:

• FT601
  • FX3
  • PCIEXillybus

Hi,
I’ve tested on fresh Windows 11 system, it seems that the OS already has the FTD3XX driver preinstalled, so it’s not necessary to manually install the driver anymore.

The error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)” is not related to the LimeSuite, as it is reported by the OS itself. Considering that your LimeSDR mini 2 board works for you correctly on the Win10 and RPI machines, it is not a problem with the LimeSDR board, but might be an issue specifically with the Win11 machine’s hardware. It’s impossible to tell anything what could be happening without knowing your hardware apart that it is running Win11. The LimeSDR mini 2 can draw quite a lot of current from the USB port, so depending on your hardware and the USB port type it could potentially trigger over current protection, which would power down the USB port, and the device would stop working. Or if the device was not properly inserted into the port, and could cause problems during device enumeration.

It would be best to try using a externally powered USB hub, or plugging the board directly into the motherboard’s USB 3.0 port.

Thanks.
This was on 3 different systems. Power shouldn’t be an issue, it ran off the RPI which has a lot less.
Plugged direct into the motherboard on 1. The other 2 were laptops.
Per a usb measuring it’s only drawing 230ma on both RPI & the W10 system.
It was plugged in & system rebooted the the plugged in crooked thing is not it.
And on 3 different W11 systems.
On Windows 10 it actually showed it as a limesdr without driver.
Well I’ll try a clean install on an older laptop as I have added a lot of odd software to these others.

Thanks for trying.