Limesdr installation issues

I have two status LEDs lit in green and a third flashes alternately in red and then green.

Could you specify according to this description, please;
https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeSDR-USB_hardware_description#Indication_LEDs

I have LED2 and LED8 lit in green.

LED1 flashes alternately in red and then green

So, you go through all the steps from Quick Test procedure step by step, right? And LED1 still flashes after you perform step 3.4?

Yes absolutely.

I made a test with CubicSDR software with low sample Rate (100KHz)

In this configuration the LED1 turn on green but i have no data stream.

I made a complementary test to check USB3 system throughput

I load ā€œGpifToUsb.imgā€ into FX3 RAM
then the LimeSDR card is recognized as ā€œStreamerExampleā€

I run ā€œC++ Streamerā€ cypress application to get data throughput under Windows 7

the result of the test seems correct

OK, one more experiment - do you have a possibility to use a fan to cool the board?

Currently the temperature indicated by the LimeSuiteGUI software is 42 Ā° C when i perform then LimeSDR-USB Quick Test

The measurement of the USB 3 PowerMeter gives : 5.10V , 0.620 A

I will see if I can perform this test with a fan

Iā€™m not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but I never received a USB cable with my Lime. Where can I get one?

Iā€™ve looked at USB cables on ebay, but Iā€™ve seen posts about a powered USB that is needed or the Lime wonā€™t work right. Right now itā€™s plugged right into the side of this laptop.

If itā€™s important, I want to make sure I get the right one.

Mine seems to work so far (after days/a week of work), at least with Rx. Havenā€™t tried Tx yet.

Thanks

1 Like

@fltech - Daniel,

SDRAngel is your friend for transmitā€¦Does a remarkable job in version 3.7.6-1 on voice and Iā€™ll be checking data later over the weekend.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like

Hi Marty,

Thank for the input.

I think your post was placed in forum about power cords. I definitely like your input, but I donā€™t want anyone to miss my question about whatā€™s the best power cord(s) to use. Which kind do we really need?

I didnā€™t get a USB cable with my Lime. Some people say here you need the double one for the Lime to work correctly.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I asked about this in another topic, but I think no one goes there anymore. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know what kind of USB & power supply the Lime really needs?

Iā€™ve read some people say the Lime needs an extra power cable to work right. It kinda sounds like other people are running it just with a single USB cable.

Others, are using the USB + power cable that came with the Lime. But I never got any kind of cable shipped with it.

Iā€™ve got it plugged right into the side of a laptop, but I want to be able to put in it a case. With the heat on, thereā€™s more static, and I donā€™t want to fry it. After walking across the room, I touched the laptop and pop!

What should I have with it?

cheers

It depends. If youā€™re running a narrowband, single channel receive-only application you will need much less power than if you run a wideband, full duplex 2x2 MIMO application.

If you think you are missing a cable please contact Crowd Supply.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew for the information. Thatā€™s sounds like a good summary.

Iā€™ve re-checked the box and thereā€™s definitely no cord in there. I kept wondering about the powered USB some people were using.

I sent an email yesterday but havenā€™t heard back yet. I know theyā€™re probably busy, but I have an important project to finish.

Can I buy the same powered USB amazon? In case it takes a while for Crowd Supply to get back with me.

Thanks.

How about one like this:

USB power cable lime possibly

I tried to find a pic of the stock Lime USB cable, but canā€™t seem to locate one. I can have this one tomorrow.

What do you guys think?

Hello Daniel,

That looks the same as the one I was supplied with the LimeSDR. I presume it says it is a USB3 cable?

Regards,
Bevan

Hey Bevan,

That is this little guy.

https://www.amazon.com/Charge-Adapter-Extension-Transfer-Charging/dp/B0711R8828/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1509689014&sr=8-14&keywords=male+to+female+usb+3.0+cable+power

Thanks for the confirmation. Iā€™d rather get the one sent to me that was missing, but I need it sooner so will have to buy it.

From the description it sounds like it should be what you need, Good luck

Thank you sir.

Hereā€™s an interesting thing about amazon shipping sometimes. Order tomorrow ā€“ costs more. But today is no charge. Iā€™m not complaining. One of the few nice points of today.

Hello Daniel,
I think the shipping cost varies depending on when you want the item delivered, If you want it tomorrow(Saturday the 4th) it will cost $3.99, if you want it Sunday it is free or if you want it by Friday the 10th it is also free.
Regards,
Bevan