External power supply damaged board?

Ah, not good news.

Indeed - I am wondering about the quality of the design having seen several others with similar problems. Seems to get too hot. Might be paying a visit to Guildford soon.

Yes, they do get hot. You can buy sets of heatsinks on eBay, also a fan. I don’t like hot electronic gubbins.

Your telly stuff will run at a high duty cycle.

I have heatsinks, but not a fan. There wasn’t a requirement for one. It’s been warm today, perhaps too warm.

Does anyone know how I can get this fixed?

There is a power switching IC that overrides the USB power when the external power is used.Mine popped as both inputs shorted.
Plug it in with USB. Check unpopulated header near power plug. Then, do the same with ext power.
Report back.

Ed

Same problem as I used an external Power Supply. After sawing this thread I followed the instructions.

I shorted FR38 because it was burned. When connecting via USB there was no Voltage on J21 VCC_INT.
After I saw the IC25 could be also burned I shorted also R167. The attached picture is from VCC_INT when FR38 and R167 are shorted.

The CYUSB3014 gets really warm. No LEDs are lighting up. Is there a way to check more? Or is there a way to repair the LimeSDR by CrowdSupply?

Thanks