DVB-T Transmission

Dear All.
Just received my LimeSDR board.
I was presented with a challenge and since I am NOT “fluent” in DSP programming I would like to ask if someone inside the group would like to help me.
I need to transmit within the 538MHz DVB-T channel, only the audio programs, I need this only for testing pourposes.
Having 1 or 2 Audio streams with the following specs will do great:
SERVICE_ID = 40
AUDIO_PID = 3121
FREQUENCY = 538000000
MODULATION = QAM/16
BANDWIDTH_HZ = 8000000
INVERSION = AUTO
CODE_RATE_HP = 2/3
CODE_RATE_LP = 1/2
GUARD_INTERVAL = 1/4
TRANSMISSION_MODE = 8K
HIERARCHY = NONE
DELIVERY_SYSTEM = DVBT

Blocks and example flow graphs for DTV are now distributed as part of GNU Radio and so this could be a good place to start:

Maybe start with running up one or two more simple examples first. Also also recommend reading the LimeSDR Made Simple blog post series:

https://myriadrf.org/blog/limesdr-made-simple-part-1/

These gradually work up to building simple applications.

Probably also worth watching the Wireless Masterclass videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OngF1T83JU&list=PLKf9sQQwTUJAuTEUTimRx8xRfKOvzO6Ad

Dear All:
I went over the tutorials, also installed the gr-dvbt examples to run using gnu companion and tested all the DVB-T configurations possible.
The limeSDR is loaded OK, no errors at running time BUT nothing on the air…
What am I missing? I tested with different DVB-T receivers and no signal out of the limeSDR whatsoever.
Is there any test I can run to make sure the limeSDR is transmitting? Is tehre any special config I need to modify in order to make the limeSDR to transmit ?
Any assistance will be very appreciated.
Cheers.
Nelson

Hey there, although this post is a few months old, but i need to share few things.
I am also trying the same project DVB-T transmission and reception. I am using Ubuntu with LimeSDR as Tx, and RTL-SDR as Rx. On the very first go I am getting signals successfully on the receiver, but as soon as I stop the transmitter and restart, I cannot get proper signals on receiver side.
I have tried restarting the Receiver while LimeSDR still in transmitting, I get no error in reception, but when I stop the LimeSDR and restart the synchronism between the transmitter and receiver is lost, irrespective of the number of times I reset the receiver/transmitter after this I don’t get the sync back. Only after 30-40 minutes I restart everything and I get the signals in sync again. Andrew @andrewback Can u please help in finding what could be the issue.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Nitin