BT/EE & Lime Micro LimeSDR workshop, 21st June, London (UK)

Hi All,

Appreciate it is somewhat short notice, but just wanted to let you know about a workshop BT/EE and Lime Micro are hosting on Tuesday 21st June in London, in advance of the hackathon in September.

The programme for the day is as follows:

• 08:30 – 09:00: Introduction & registration
  • 09:00 – 10:15: Introduction to modern wireless communication, Physical layer & LimeSDR hardware (Lime)
  • 10:15 – 11:00: Quortus EPC, function and features (Quortus)
  • 11:00 – 11:30: Coffee break
  • 11:30 – 12:15: Open Air Interface, background and status (Eurecom)
  • 12:15 – 12:30: Short introduction to the practical sessions
  • 12:30 – 13:30: Lunch
  • 13:30 – 14:00: Introduction to Osmocom
  • 14:00 – 15:00: LimeSDR drivers and APIs (Lime) / 3&4G PHY, up and downlink examples
  • 15:00 – 15:30: Coffee Break
  • 15:30 – 17:00: Complete LTE+EPC example setup, call setup (eNodeB and hands on demo)
  • 17:00 – 17:30: Feedback and closing remarks

If you’d to come along if you could send me a private message.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew, great to hear that there will be another workshop. I have no experience on using LimeSDR (Actually my purchase is just shipped). I wonder if there is any prerequisite knowledge required.

Hi @zhangjq, the workshop is really intended as a precursor to the hackathon in September and if you have entered or plan to enter this before the closing date tomorrow, I would suggest heading along.

@andrewback What part of London is it in?

City.

Hi Andrew and all,
I had a great time today at the workshop, meet a lot of very interesting people and came back with a head full of ideas. Thanks very much to all involved.
73 Alan M0NNB

p.s. I can report to the forum that Tegwyn’s image does him justice :slight_smile:

Hi Alan, good to meet you, @TegwynTwmfatt and everyone else, also!

I was particularly impressed by how Tegwyn managed to get his galleon moored so close to the venue :smiley:

It was a great day out. Really good to meet the people who have been so helpful and other, new, equally helpful people. Lots of very good suggestions for solving some particular problems with my project which I’ll be implementing ASAP.