Arduino Communication

Try to run GUI as administrator, press right-click on crt_6002dr2. Select >>Run as administrator, press OK. That usually helps to see available COM ports in GUI.

TD,

What is OS you are using?

Do you see Arduino realted COM port in the device manager?

TD,

This indicates the SPI interface failure.

Firstly, close the GUI and unplug the USB cable form your PC ( used to interface with Myriad RF board). Then plug it again and restart the GUI. Run Register Test.

If test is still failing, check the SPI line signal levels while register test is running. You should see about 3.3V signal toggling.

TD,
Check http://myriadrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Arduino_guide-1.00r06.pdf document, “PC Software” section, please. It says “set “SPI Clock Frequency” to 0.125 MHz. It sets baud rate to 115200 that is needed for communication with Arduino board”.

So, when you select 0.125 SPI clock frequency in the GUI it effectively sets 115200 baudrate of COM port for PC to/from Arduino communication.

Arduino code SPI.setClockDivider(SPI_CLOCK_DIV8) sets SPI clock frequency which is nothing to do with COM port baudrate.

Sounds confusing, but should be clear now :slight_smile:

On the Myriad RF board SPI lines have 47 Ohm resistor in series and 10K to GND. So i think signal levels you are reading are OK.

From your earlier posts, I can see that you do have established SPI interface between the Lime chip and controller. The Register test shows that your not reading the same value as your sending to Lime chip:

Reg Addr = 0 Failed (Write/Read Values): 02 / 48

The reason for this might be the long and noisy cable used for SPI interface. Try to keep at as short as possible.

Another good thing to check the SPI clock line, with oscilloscope. See if there is no high glitches that might cause SPI interface to fail.

Sincerely,

Roland

I need the usb_spi sketch. Where is it located?

Juan

Juan,

Try this link below:

http://myriadrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/usb_spi.zip

hi andrewhux,

I’m trying to use an Arduino-uno board to talk to the Myriad also, When I test the registers from ctr-6002Dr2 GUI Interface, all registers are ok except

TXPLL VTUNE registers:
some problems with VTUNE registers:
VTUNE_H (should be/acctual): 1/1;
VTUNE_H (should be/acctual): 0/1;
VTUNE_L (should be/acctual): 1/1;
VTUNE_L (should be/acctual): 0/1;

also,
RXPLL VTUNE registers:
some problems with VTUNE registers:
VTUNE_H (should be/acctual): 1/1;
VTUNE_H (should be/acctual): 0/1;
VTUNE_L (should be/acctual): 1/1;
VTUNE_L (should be/acctual): 0/1;

i do as you say to:“close the GUI and unplug the USB cable form your PC ( used to interface with Myriad RF board). Then plug it again and restart the GUI. Run Register Test.”

what should i do? and what is the reason for this problem?

Hi bebo,

I assume you are using Arduino-Uno to program SPI lines only. Myriad RF require reference clock for internal LMS6002D synthesizers. Usually it is clean clock source locates on interface board. In your case, connect external clock source ( can be generator) to X8 connector, set the frequency to let say 40 MHz, put the same number in GUI>>OPTIONS>>REFERENCE CLOCK. Run the “Register Test” again.

Ricardas

Dr maher,

You can get it from here: http://www.rfshop.com.au/Store/tabid/63/List/1/catpagesize/10/CategoryID/12/Level/1/ProductID/3269/Default.aspx

or here:
http://www.rfshop.co.uk/mmcx8400-0000-mmcx-connector-fem-pin-pcb-fitting.html

The reference clock requires for internal LMS6002D synthesizers to function correctly. Without it, you will no be able to get your wanted LO.

Andrewhux

I’m trying to use an Arduino board to talk to the Myriad. When I run the Myriad control GUI, I don’t see my COM port listed in the port settings dropdown. I’m running the “usb_spi” sketch on a Mega2560 (couple pin changes).

Will the COM port only be selectable if the Myriad is correctly talking to the Arduino over SPI? Or should the software show the Arduino COM port regardless?

Yup, running at administrator fixed it.

Although, I did fail the register test. I’m double checking my pin outs, but do these Read Values look familiar to anyone?

Testing TxRF SPI, Mask 0xAA:
Reg Addr = 0 Failed (Write/Read Values): 02 / 48
Reg Addr = 1 Failed (Write/Read Values): 0A / 65
Reg Addr = 2 Failed (Write/Read Values): AA / 72
Reg Addr = 3 Failed (Write/Read Values): AA / 65
Reg Addr = 4 Failed (Write/Read Values): 0A / 0D
Reg Addr = 5 Failed (Write/Read Values): AA / 0A

I’m getting an error “access violation at address xxxxxxxx. Read at address xxxxxxxx” from the GUI when I run the register test.

what does this mean?

The Arduino instructions say to set the GUI to use a .125MHz SPI clock, but the Arduino Sketch sets the SPI clock to 2 MHz (SPI.setClockDivider(SPI_CLOCK_DIV8)).

Should this be SPI_CLOCK_DIV128 to get to .125MHz (16/128)?

How does the Myriad board know what the SPI clock is, if the SPI communication isn’t working correctly? Shouldn’t there be a default SPI clock setting for the board?

Thanks for the quick responses, but I’m still having issues. My next question:

My MOSI line is reading ~2.8V when connected to the Myriad but no comms. (Its ~3.15 without Myriad connected). Is this normal? Is there a pull-down resistor?

Thanks again!

where can i find exactly the x8 connector except DIGIKEY becaue i ask them and they do not have, also is this clock required only when programming the LMS6002D or it must always present beside the myriad boar.
thanks in advance