Myriad RF for Arduino Projects?

Hello,

Our lab has recently gotten a Myriad RF board and a Zipper board, and we’re currently in the process of figuring out exactly how they work.

Something we were interested in was communicating with the Myriad through the SPI interface using an Arduino or a Chipkit. We have came across this page, which seems like an ideal starting point. Unfortunately, almost every link on that webpage is dead. I understand that the webpage is about 2 years old, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether the pages had been removed completely, or simply re-hosted somewhere that I can’t find?

Thanks for any help that anybody is able to give us,

Damien.

@DamienM855

I’vemanage to find the document which describes the SPI communication here is the link.

Best,
Rich

Thanks a lot, that will hopefully make the process easier!

Do you happen to know if there is a copy of the “usb_spi” arduino sketch kicking around somewhere? I’ve had a look around the site and the forums for it, but again… dead links everywhere.

Thanks for the help!

Damien.

Unfortuneutly I couldn’t t find either. But I am sure you can use any other SPI skecth for Arduino board…

Rich

That’s a shame, thanks for trying though, and thanks again for your help!

My main concern is that the Arduino Guide document leads me to believe that the purpose of the sketch is to translate data taken from LMS suite, in order to take it over the Arduino and into the Myriad. That might be hard to replicate without the original code, but I’ll give it a try.

In the meantime, If anyone is reading this and has the USB_SPI.zip file saved on their computer somewhere, it would be really helpful if you could share a copy!

Damien,

Hi Damien and Ricardas,

I just started working on the Myriad RF board for my thesis, which you mentioned around 1 year ago.
While I know that this means reviving an old topic which I am truly sorry for, I would be very grateful if I could get in touch with you who have been spending quite some time with it.

Like you were, I am now having trouble finding the Arduino’s SPI sketch for translating MyriadRF GUI software (myriadrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/usb_spi.zip). May I know if you have gotten a hand on that sketch?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi Dareen,

Unfortunately I wasn’t ever able to find that sketch. I ended up abandoning the arduino portion of my project, and continued with a Zedboard. With the Zedboard I was able to use LMS Suite which handled most of the SPI communications for me, although I didn’t really explore that too much.

If you manage to locate the sketch, then please let me know! If you have any other questions then feel free to ask. Although I’m not anywhere near as well informed as some of the other guys around here, I’ll try and reply as soon as I get the time.

Cheers,

Damien.

Hi Damien,

Good to hear from you.
It was very prompt even this is an over one year ago topic. It just shows how much you are interested in this, and I’m glad to find those kind of people.

Yes Zedboard is a very interesting solution but unfortunately procuring another item will take quite some time at my University, and in the end my project would need to drive the SPI using without relying on LMS Suite (since we want it as a standalone platform). Nevertheless using LMS Suite or that Arduino sketch is definitely a massive help for quicker understanding and testing this MyriadRF, especially when I just about to start.

I will try on locating the sketch, and I surely will let you know!

Thanks,
Dareen