Reg map test failed: how to setup without FPGA?

Hi,

I’ve gone through the “The Myriad RF and DEO – Nano development project kit installation procedure” pages, but still want to ask:
If I don’t want to remove the resisters (I’m not good at it), how to make the ctr_6002dr2 work?

My problem is:
with the latest firmware_1v08.hex from github, the ctr_6002dr2 run slowly and all registers return 0x00; with firmware_v1r06.hex from the distributor, it runs a bit faster and all registers return 0x0A.

Thanks!
B. Regards,
Jeffrey

Hi Jeffry,

have you selected correct COM port in GUI after uploading Firmware? Section “4.4 Turn On and SPI Check” shows how to do it.

Andrew.

Hi, Andrew,

Thank you very much for your help!

After post this message I found the “Using firmware_v1r08” topic, I found that I have the same problem that there is NO COM port shown in the hardware manager, is that the issue? and how to correct it? I’m using WinXP.

Another difference from the document is the layout of my interface board, it is EESO-001 REV:0.4, the connectors are different with those described in “Myriad-RF+Development+Kit_1.0r6.pdf”, there is no J1 and J3, and a addition 3 pins J10 with pin 1 and 2 shorted.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey,

Does it show up as a new device when you plug the interface board to PC? You have to update the drivers for interface board. See dropbox link below:

WinXP drivers are under \cyusb_driver\bin\wxp folder.

Andrew

Hi, Andrew,

I’ve already install the driver and “Cypress USB Generic Driver (3.4.7.000)” shown under the usb folder in the hardware manager, but no COM port shown.

I reinstall the driver you mentioned, but the same thing appears.

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Jeffrey,

OK, so Cypress drivers are installed. When you run GUI, go to communication settings, tick USB (instead of COM) and try to run register test. Use firmware_v1r08 for the firmware.

Andrew.

Hi, Andrew,

the firmware file name is: firmware_1v08.iic and firmware_1v08.hex, is it the same as what you mentioned firmware_v1r08?

I connect the interface board with usb line, provide +5V to the RF board through J9. Then run ctr_6002dr2.exe, it start up very slowly.
Open the setting page, USB is the default selection.
Then run the register map test, it run for a long time, then shows fail for all test and all registers return 0x00.

Is there something related to the J7 and J10 setting?

Thanks!
Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

Yes I meant firmware_1v08.hex. To download this file follow step below:

1. Disconnect DE0-Nano interface board from USB port.
  2. Make sure, that jumper J5 is open.
  3. Connect DE0-Nano interface board to USB port.
  4. Short jumper J5.
  5. Do the steps described in chapter “Downloading firmware to the empty EEPROM”.

Now, when you plug +5V to supply source, do you some LED light on Myriad board itself?

Could share the picture of the your board, because I don’t see J10 connector on DE0-Nano interface board.

Andrew

Hi, Andrew,

Sorry for the late update.

I’ve followed the process to update the firmware.

When power on the boards with the +5V external power supply, the LED besides J8 and the LED on the Myriad RF board are lit. And connect the usb line, the LED besides the usb connector is lit.

I’ve take photos, but don’t know how to upload.

I’ve check a little bit of the code in ctr_6002dr2, is it the COM port necissary in the usage? I didn’t found the COM port in either the hardware manager or the regedit config.

Thanks a lot!

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

It should appear as USB controller in hardware manager, and i GUI you have to control via USB (not via COM) port.

You can dropbox your photos, or put in to fflirk and share the link.

Andrew

Hi, Andrew,

Sorry for the long time no feedback!

I contact the distributor of the board and they finally told me that the board “EESO-001” does not support ctr_6002dr2.exe by default, it is for FFTViewer.

I found another post about FFTViewer you’ve helped and download the updated software. It work! It can read and update the RF registers.

But it can’t read I/Q data from the RF board yet because I havn’t put on the FPGA board yet.

Could you explain a little more detail about how to make the FFT run?

1. which file should be programmed to the DE0-Nano FPGA?
  2. what’s the hardware connection setup for FFTviewer? say is it only one USB connection between PC and interface-board is ok?
  3. How does the I/Q data flows? From 6002 to FPGA to MCU to PC?

Thanks a lot!
Jeffrey

Hello Jffery,

Glad to see your progress.

Use file in the link below to program DEO-NANO board:

When FPGA (DE0-Nano board) is programmed, connect USB cable to your interface board and run FFTviewer. IQ data form Myriad board are sent to FPGPA>>MCU>>PC.

I hope this helps,
Andrew

Hi, Andrew,

Thank you very much for your quick response! I’ll try it later.

And do you know that whether there is source component for MyriadRF on GNURadio?
And if there isn’t, do you or you know someone want to create one? I want to join and learn.

Thanks!

B. Regards,
Jeffrey Z.

HI Jeffrey,

Not sure if there is one. But you can be the first which do it :slight_smile:

Andrew

Hi, Andrew,

Sorry still trouble you. There is no data captured shown on the FFTViewer, all IQ datas are all zero.

I programmed the FPGA with the file demo_txcw.sof from (https://github.com/myriadrf/myriadrf-boards/blob/master/de0nano-interface/gateware/prog_files/demo_txcw.sof).
Then onnect the interface board with usb line, power up the RF board through seperate power source.
Before start up the FFTViewer, the current consumtion of the boards is about 2A, after start up the FFTViewer, the current rises to 7A.
Before “start capture”, the IQ data pane of FFTViewer is empty. After “start capture”, a line on zero level is shown. The “Updates per second” field is changing, but the “Data rate KB/0:” field is keep empty.
Thanks!

B. Regards,
Jeffrey

PS. when I change the “Rx Data source” from ADC to NCO, there is still no data.

jeffry,

7A !!! Something is not correct. Even 2 A is way too much! Are you sure you are connecting DE0-NANO in correct way?

Andrew