QSpectrumAnalyzer now works with LimeSDR!

For additional parameters like antenna and channel, look at soapy_power backend help (little questionmark button next to additional parameters in Settings).

For appropriate device string, look at detected devices (little questionmark button next to device input box in Settings). Specifying driver is often enough (so e.g. driver=lime or driver=hackrf).

Btw. for LimeSDR you have to specify --reset-stream option in additional parameters or else you will sometimes see artifacts from previous frequency hops in the spectrum.

When a LimesSDR is running qspectrumanalayzer how fast is limesdr scanning its spectrum? as an example from 1 MHz to 3.8 GHz how many seconds or Msec does that take?
Furthermore are there any plans in the work to develop FPGA codes for superfast scans, equal to those of hackrf or faster, because that surely must be possible with the limeSDR
Thanks

With this setting cant go lower 30 mhz for start with single shot i counted 15 seconds

With 30mhz to 440 mhz 4 seconds

Just to let you know, with latest SimpleSoapy / soapy_power, you should be able to tune from DC - 30 MHz.

This my setting when i did the test.

That seems to be very slow especially since the limeSDR has potential to have a 61 MHz bandwidth
do you know what’s the limitations which are causing this slow scan rate?

My Desktop pc has USB 2.0 only i havent try it yet again in usb 3.0 lap top but im quiet happy since able to make it work in my desktop now.

Tried it win 10 laptop qspectrum not working 30-3.8 ghz but when 30-440mhz works for like 3 sec then crash.

There are definitely an array of variables which all has to be taken into consideration to achieve a fast scan rate, and USB 3 is surely one of them variables along with bandwidth both are going to play a considerable role in achieving high scan rates.
thanks for your reply though
I hope someone else can enlighten me on what is the fastest limeSDSR can achieve, as a reference example the Hackrf achieves 8 GHz per second

Did some new test in win10 laptop USB 3.0 30-3.8 ghz same setting but with new and latest limesuite 7.68 s sweep time alot better than before i didn’t know there is new version of the suite we should have file area and folder for it so we can see if there is new version of each file.

That’s is considerably faster, what was your bandwidth and sampling rate? Furthermore, what intervals did you set for frequency hops?

Sample rate 10 mhz bandwidth 5 mhz

Have you tried to increase your sample rate and bandwidth?

Yes sample rate for some reason not its only working 10 mhz but the band wight 20mhz now with no problem 11.41 seconds sweep

There some issue when you change frequency it crash the qspectrum so im stuck in 30-3.8ghz now i there is alot of playing with the setting right now to fine tune in my system unless its a bug of the program.

Strange how you can have bandwidth of 20 MHz and only having a sampling rate at 10 MHz there is something that is wrong here, your sampling rate has to be equal to your bandwidth or your bandwidth have to be less then your sampling rate?

Dont know but it works still have to play w/ setting i like the program just like URH except urh kinda has lame color of the screen just black and red nice if they can fixed it with diff color but it useful tools too.

Right I’m no expert, but I do know the fundamentals! The only reason that I’m asking on this forum is because I have seen previous discussions on this topic in regards qspectrumanalayzer and limesdr versus hackrf, so I had hoped someone could give me some clarifying answers as I am in the middle of deciding whether to go for Hackrf og limesdr and I would prefer the latter, however there are some considerations to be made, as I want to be able to use the qspectrumanalayzer at reasonable speeds, hence my questions.
Thanks anyway