QSpectrumAnalyzer now works with LimeSDR!

I have both and hackrf considered had more support in driver platform and even android apz but i like lime more only it would be alot better if has more and better support on all platform and tablet
specially.

When I press start:

Starting backend:
soapy_power -f 87.0M:108.0M -B 10.0k -T 1.0 -d -r 2560000.0 -p 0 -F soapy_power_bin --output-fd 15 -g 37.0 -c --even --fft-window boxcar --remove-dc

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/soapy_power”, line 11, in
load_entry_point(‘soapy-power==1.6.1’, ‘console_scripts’, ‘soapy_power’)()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 561, in load_entry_point
return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2631, in load_entry_point
return ep.load()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2291, in load
return self.resolve()
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2297, in resolve
module = import(self.module_name, fromlist=[‘name’], level=0)
File “/home/axeman/.local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/soapypower/main.py”, line 5, in
import simplesoapy
File “/home/axeman/.local/lib/python3.4/site-packages/simplesoapy.py”, line 5, in
import SoapySDR
ImportError: No module named ‘SoapySDR’

I get this from simplesoapy:

File “/home/axeman/simplesoapy.py”, line 19, in detect_devices
devices = [dict(d) for d in SoapySDR.Device.enumerate(soapy_args)]
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘Device’

LimeSDR works for Pothos, LimeSuiteGui, URH, and sdrangel. I have other problems with gnuradio/gqrx.

I work on raw Debian stable/backport computers and usually have to build from sources. I may have a conflict with some repo software. Sigh. Maybe I’ll have to install an Ubuntu.

Did you already change USB permissions for your user?

I just opened up an X-session as root and it does the same thing. This computer is my tool computer. My user has most root privileges.

I guess SoapySDRUtil --info gets you nothing …

then sudo SoapySDRUtil --info nothing to?

Im picking at straws here … i dont use “raw” Debian …

SoapySDR is working. There is something wrong taking place when simplesoapy.py males calls to SoapySDR. Pothos and other programs make calls to “SoapySDR.Device” without a problem. Probably a permission or location mismatch somewhere.

Soynds like a .so placement is not where one exspects it and another does …

Simlink fix that maybe? Or i just copy what was wanted to the location it was looked for — which causes problems later to upgrades.

Yes, I run into this sometimes with some packages being installed from repos and others built from git, sometimes both. Then there are projects using both python and C** components.
For the most part, Ubuntu is Debian, but lately they have been diverging.

Trying to run here the sam on Mac OS 10.12…

Get the same error:

17:32 micheltossaint@MAC-EOP-2201 /Users/micheltossaint/Downloads/SoapySDR/build
% soapy_power -f 87.0M:108.0M -B 10.0k -T 1.0 -d -r 2560000.0 -p 0 -F soapy_power_bin --output-fd 15 -g 37.0 -c --even --fft-window boxcar --remove-dc
File “/Applications/Anaconda3/anaconda/bin/soapy_power”, line 7, in
from soapypower.main import main
File “/Applications/Anaconda3/anaconda/lib/python3.5/site-packages/soapypower/main.py”, line 5, in
import simplesoapy
File “/Applications/Anaconda3/anaconda/lib/python3.5/site-packages/simplesoapy.py”, line 5, in
import SoapySDR
ImportError: No module named ‘SoapySDR’

But my LimeSDR is found actually…:

SoapySDRUtil --find
######################################################

Soapy SDR – the SDR abstraction library

######################################################

Mac OS; Clang version 8.1.0 (clang-802.0.41); Boost_106400; UHD_003.010.000.000-0-unknown

Found device 0
addr = 1d50:6108
driver = lime
label = LimeSDR-USB [USB 3.0] 9061C02CD1709
media = USB 3.0
module = STREAM
name = LimeSDR-USB
serial = 0009061C02CD1709

I installed the SoapySDR with homebrew.

Where can I find that python module?

Thanks!

@oetje I think the problem is in soapy_power. Try ‘soapy_power --info’ and ‘soapy_power --detect’ and see if it comes up with sane parameters and sees the LimeSDR.

I have the program working past doing the scan but when it goes to display the scan it crashes closed.
Last messages:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/QSpectrumAnalyzer-2.2.0-py3.5.egg/qspectrumanalyzer/backends/soapy_power.py”, line 208, in run
self.parse_output(data)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/QSpectrumAnalyzer-2.2.0-py3.5.egg/qspectrumanalyzer/backends/soapy_power.py”, line 186, in parse_output
self.databuffer[“y”].extend(y_axis)
AttributeError: ‘numpy.ndarray’ object has no attribute ‘extend’
Aborted
INFO: Total time: 11.376 s

I found the problem. After building the SoapySDR the compiled library is not copied to the anaconda python library directory. The other tools qspectrumanalyser and soapy_power are located there… So I copied over the soapySDR .so and .py and related files from the SoapySDR build directory.

Concerning the fast sweep, there’s already a discussion about it https://discourse.myriadrf.org/t/fast-sweep-similar-to-hackrf-update , but it looks like a lot of work, and it seems the corresponding code that Nuand wrote for their own fast sweep is not open source.

For info, the HackRF fast sweep is done in firmware and allows 8GHz/s, while the one in BladeRF is done in the FPGA and allows 254GHz/s.

I’ve already posted this as an issue on GIT hub for qspectrumanalyzer, but I’m duplicating it here to see if someone has already solved it:

On my MAC Sierra I’ve just installed Py 3.6 and -m pip’ed PyQt5 and numpy. Now I’m getting the following error:

MacBook-Pro:qspectrumanalyzer st$ python3.6 qspectrumanalyzer
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/runpy.py”, line 193, in _run_module_as_main
main”, mod_spec)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/runpy.py”, line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File “qspectrumanalyzer/main.py”, line 7, in
from qspectrumanalyzer import backends
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/qspectrumanalyzer/backends/init.py”, line 1, in
import os, glob, subprocess, threading
File “qspectrumanalyzer/subprocess.py”, line 4, in
PIPE = subprocess.PIPE
AttributeError: module ‘subprocess’ has no attribute ‘PIPE’

I’d appreciate any suggestions to clean up this error. I plan on using this with LimeSDR

I ran through the install instructions at https://github.com/xmikos/qspectrumanalyzer one more time and that seems to mostly fix it. Only thing I can’t do now is see the menu. QT and macs seems to have a menu bar sharing issue.

Laptop I3-4005u with 8GB memory running ubuntu 16.04 amd64 Desktop LTS with only myriad ppa added,

taking 22.3 seconds from interval to interval
not sure if thats good or not.
limesdr-mini here
on every sweep in my terminal window i do see this
“[ERROR] SetFrequencySXR(795 MHz) - cannot deliver frequency”

when i set sample rate to 30000000 (30msps) and bandwidth to 0 its taking 8.06 secs to do 1 sweep
when sample rate set to 60000000 (60msps) and bandwidth to 0 its taking 5.5 secs to sweep
O_o

any work being done with fast sweep and qspectrumanalyzer?

Tracking generator can be useful option for Lime too :wink:

Tracking generator and fast-sweep would be awesome*****

bump

Why am i having problems with Windows 10 64 bit?
Can someone tell me what needs installed to get QSA working with a clean install of win10?
Do we need a certain version of LimeSuiteGUI or PothosSDR?
It sems only QSA is requiring old soapy modules v04/v05 and simplesoapy.py only comes with what???

This is crazy :slight_smile: