LimeSDR only works with external power

Darn… I’ve never Skyped before… I guess I could try it out.
Got to go into BIOS & turn the camera on.

Ed

Ed,

I’ve always used Skype off my Samsung Note 5 phone and never use the camera. That’s initially how I was able to contact Simon and other members of the Lime team in the early days - works great.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like

Ed, no problem, I can call you - or we can also use some free web teleconferencing tool like Google Meetings, etc.

I would safely assume you’ll find my English to be quite understandable :slight_smile:

Michal

Excellent. I started on general testing procedures last night, from the schematics. Tonight, I will break out the magnifying glass to find the points that I want you to test & we can go through it, as far as my general electronics experience dictates.
Tomorrow, I should be ready by 9AM PST, if that is good for you.

Ed

Yes, that works, thanks!

Michał

Any clues / ideas on how to fix this from anyone, please?

Sorry. got very busy at work & brain farted.
I will have to figure out how to test USB lines with a multimeter. It’s something I have not looked into. What model meter is it? I think I need to look up the impedance & specs of it to make sure no damage will happen & what to see for signals.
I will be doing long hours, 6 days a week.
If you could give me a week or so, I can get this all figured out with you. With how busy I am & (Stupidly) thinking USB measurements on that board would be simple, it’s going to take a bit for me to digest it. I know the power system rather well, but not the signals.

Ed

Thanks, Ed! No rush, I know how it is with work - and as this is just a hobby for me, I can wait, so take your time.
The meter is an old METEX M-3860M.

Michal