Issue with Lime AC Case and LimeSDR Mini v2

bought two cases along with two lime mini sdr v2. Here are the issues with the case:

1. THe bottom plate does not close due to a metal tab
  2. The fan does not start when the case + lime sdr are plugged into USB (I did solder the fan header into the sdr v2 and connect the pins to the fan )

The Lime AC Case is not compatible with LimeSDR Mini v2.

There was an announcement of Lime AC Case 2.0, but it is still in the “Coming Soon” state. There are a couple of things you can do meanwhile to make the case fit:

From my understanding for the fan to work you need to enable it. See the FAN CONTROL at the last page of schematic: LimeSDR-Mini-v2/hardware/2v2/Project Outputs/LimeSDR-Mini_2v2_Schematic_r0.PDF at main · myriadrf/LimeSDR-Mini-v2 · GitHub
Not sure what exact API is expected to be used for it, there are RFE_Fan and Cmd_Fan. I never used them, so can not guide you further. Maybe someone from Myriad-RF can help you further.

@ricardas can hopefully advise regarding fan control.

But just to clarify in case it is not clear, we have nothing to do with the “Lime AC Case”, which is a third party product and so we are unable to offer any support on this.

Hi @midnight

By default fan does not start when board is cold. Fan will be turned on if board reaches 55°C and FAN will be turned off when board cools down to 45°C.

Which board version are you using? You can find it on board silkscreen, it should be something like:
LimeSDR Mini v1.2 or LimeSDR Mini v2.4.

From your previous post looks like you are not using LimeSDR Mini v2 but you have older LimeSDR Mini v1 or this is different board?

regards,
Vytautas

Thanks for the feedback. On the page where you purchase the crowd source mini v2, just below it is a link to purchase this case (v1.1). I think that should be changed. When I contacted the crowd source people about the incompatibility, they referred me to this forum.

I don’t see the Lime AC Case as an option here:

Can you please post a screenshot.