The LimeNET Micro campaign is live!

SURPRISE :wink: delay… https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limenet-micro/updates/shipping-delay-and-compute-module-upgrade

We clearly need to have you with your anticipatory powers on our product team :smiley:

:blush:

I haven’t looked at the LimeNET Micro in a while. It appears with all the new I/O options and with proper software this could be turned into a usable handheld device. Similar to the HackRF w/Portapack.

I want one.

Blockquote
All the LimeNET Micro board-only and Acrylic Kit packages have now been sent to Crowd Supply and should start shipping out soon.

Just to notice that I finally opened my LimeNET Micro on intention to prepare
proper case and cooling.
It is so called early bird board and on my surprise it is BOM_VER 1 (R34 NF)
according to: https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeNET-Micro_v2.1_hardware_description
that means -> SDR (without duplexers and WiFi module)

For my needs WiFi is not necessary but duplexers may be useful.
Any way can not remember that early bird boards was expected to be crippled
on major RF side…

Hi @9a4db,

Yes, LimeNET-Micro is supplied in SDR version to CS backers.

1 Like

You mean that SPDT switch are not able to handle whole bandwith?

Regardless the version with duplexers is a special build for volume customers and we never specified that these would be fitted to the campaign boards. We considered providing it as an option, but more SKUs means more cost and complexity.

Hi @9a4db,

Sorry, my last sentence was misleading, edited.

@Zack Thank You

@andrewback
True, because you build spec on the fly.
Any way for the next time I hope to have clear
picture what I am buying, even in campaign…

Hope we all can learn something out this and RFE experience. :wink:

Where in the campaign or published specs does it say that duplexers are fitted? Presumably this would have to say also whether they were 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz, or perhaps even some other band? Or was the expectation that every backer would be asked which duplexer they would like fitted :wink:

No, they are not published.
On the other hand:
From the description of board, what backers are suppose to expect?!
Where was the clear statement that backers are getting BOM 1 ?
Link please…

Backers receive what is stated on the campaign page and in subsequent campaign updates. Since design files are published you are free to study these, but if they contain optional and DNI/NF etc. components do not simply assume that all these will be fitted — this does not change what is stated on the campaign page!

You will note that there is also a footprint for a WiFi module, but this is not fitted and it is not included in the product specifications. I repeat, what you receive is what is stated on the campaign/product page and not some open to interpretation specification based on design files in a GitHub repo.

@andrewback
No link?! :blush:

It is clear that you make for the living out of PR
but please take look here - > https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeNET_Micro

Sorry It is not GitHub repo

4 Documentation

Leaving this for the own judgement of any potential future backer…

Note: “BOM_VER” in the link you provided. Note also how option v1 clearly corresponds to the specifications on the campaign page. Had we provided backers with another option, it would not.

My advice to any future backer would be to consider the specifications on the campaign page when backing the campaign. If design files and/or documentation show multiple versions, it makes no sense whatsoever to assume that you will receive hardware different to that which you ordered.

In your case, if you consider that the hardware is not what you expected based on published specifications, please contact Crowd Supply for a refund.

1 Like

Hi @9a4db,

In addition to what Andrew said. Links provided by you are not relevant to the CS campaign. These document all the features, but particular set of the features for CS backers is listed in the CS campaign page.

Let us assume you buy mother board for your new PC. You see a lot of not fitted components which is normal practice. Do you complain about it to the manufacturer? No, because you got what is listed in the specification of this particular board. The same is in LimeNET-Micro case.

Thank You for kind answers and suggestions (from both).

Hopefully I am going to find some other (HAM radio?) task for this board, over the time.

Initial intention was proposal of large scale monitoring for G5 network deployment within EU.
Any way 3,8 GHz upper edge was bit to much for existing RF networks.

@Zack
Must reply about relevance of CS information:

Clearly visible on block diagram ->

:blush: