The Definitive Guide on Compile/Build of SDRAngel

Fellow Hams,

Today I bring you the The Definitive Guide on Compile/Build of SDRAngel if you’re not going to use SDRAngel in Docker. The entire procedure is in the following JPG files for viewing, but I have also provided a link where you can view and potentially copy/paste from it:

The following procedure will allow you to compile/build SDRAngel ‘from the ground up’ with all the dependencies and critical install files. With that covered, here’s the procedure:

Please let me know if there’s any issues building SDRAngel with this procedure - just contact me here.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Hi Marty,
I followed your Definitive Guide to install SDRAngel on my Ubuntu laptop with the USB2 ports only.
I got stuck at step 2 with the error message “unable to locate package libdsdcc”.
Then I copied the same script from step 2 from Eduard’s repo, and it did work. Now I am stuck in step 3 with the error message “unable to locate lime suite images”.

73, Ted VE7VIB

@ve7vib - Ted,

Really, Steps #3 & #4 should have taken care of the LimeSuite and SoapySDR issues:

3.) Install LimeSuite and build:

sudo git clone https://github.com/myriadrf/LimeSuite.git
sudo apt-get install liblimesuite-dev limesuite-udev limesuite-images

cd limesuite
mkdir build && cd build
cmake …/
make -j4
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

4.) Install SoapySDR hooks:

sudo apt-get install soapysdr soapysdr-module-lms7

However, in a pinch you can also do this:

sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:myriadrf/drivers
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:myriadrf/gnuradio
sudo apt-get update

See if any of the two help and report back your findings -

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like

Numerous errors eg forgetting -dev on packages and “sudo git clone” unnecessary leading to further errors. So, almost definitive.

@RichieHH

Write a new one that works for you, okay…?

Marty