SO# 545983 - LIME SDR Mini - Carrier signal not supressed. Caused by a defective filter?

I must ask dumb qestion: what is NF HF side? One image of your hardware setup can say a thousand words and shorten time for solving problem.

I think high frequency scatters in the low frequency range. and this generates the signal at the output without the low frequency being supplied. (HF is high frequency and NF is low frequency) this phenomenon leads me to believe that components on the circuit board are defective.

And how do you “supply low frequency”?

via Soundcard from PC

To summarize:

• two Lime Mini, same HW and SW version
  • both connect via USB 3.0 on same PC port and run identical SDR Console software on Win10?
  • one run correctly, second has problem
  • control is done via independent SDR device (DVB dongle or…?)
    I never tested Mini on USB 2.0 port because I do not have required cable for additional power. It is possible to have distorted RF output signal if power is not addequate. My test setup is Win10, USB 3.0 and SDR Console 3.0.18 x64 bit. I can see local oscillator leak and LSB image. This is the reason for NCO in my software and as a result I have clean output spectrum.
1 Like

That everything works for you is proof that the hardware of a Lime SDR mini must be defective.
My setup is the same. Windows 10 x64 and USB3

USB power is not the problem.
see specification.
I myself measured the current flowing in the Lime SDR. received 0.001A.
received with activated PTT without audio signal 0.05A. (Full duplex)
send with modulated audio signal 0.06A

So far below the specifications. and even under the 0.1A
USB 2.0 4.75-5.25 V 0.5 A
USB 3.0 / 3.1 [15] 4.45-5.25 V 0.9 A

A device may only obtain this current after approval by the host controller. Until then, the maximum current is 0.1 A.