System: Linux. (OpenSuse)
Software: Soapy, built from sources, Release 0.8.0
LimeSuite built from sources, Release 19.01.0
Own Software for RX, Started from Part8 of the LimeSDR made simple Examples.
Steps after Start of the RX:
- Init Mini
- Set Samplingrate 1.536 S/s
- Set Center Frequency to 132800kHz, Split in 100kHz BB and 132700kHz RF
- Calibrate RX with LPF BW=2.5MHz
- Enable GFIR with BW 70kHz
-Set LNA to 10
-Set TIA to 12
-Set PGA to 14.
- Set LPF BW=1.401MHz.
-Setup Stream C32-Samples per Bunch
- Start thread with a loop:
to get the with 16384 Samples per request.
- decimate these 16384 Samples by 16 to get 96000S/s
which are then sent over UDP to another program for demodulation etc.
When demodulating aircraft AM-Transmissions (e.g. 132816.9kHz), the S/N is not convincing. (AM carrier at -90dBm, but modulation near the -120dBm-Noise floor), hard to understand.
I made a comparison with the RTL-Stick (Osmocom) on Win-XP with HDSDR.
In this program I can very clearly hear the tower and the aircrafts.
I thing, that my Soapy-Settings are not ok for the Mini. (But the Image-Suppression is very good).
Are there any suggestions, what could increase the RX-Quality?