LimeSDR-USB Quick Test - Good or not?

Hello,

During the test I do not have the blue and red lines which are on top of each other. But one below the other.

Is the test anyway good ?

Thank you.

Hello! Unless someone more knowledgeable contradicts me, I’d say that it looks good. At least both of my devices showed a similar picture when I tested them out of the box.

One of the reasons for creating the LimeQuickTest utility was to remove the need to interpret results and provide a simple pass/fail instead. Hence would suggest using this instead.

Thank you so much.

The problem with the LimeQuickTest utility is that it only works with a LimeSDR without cables, antennas or enclosure.

So how do you know that everything is working when the cables, antennas are installed ? Because once in the enclosure, with the LimeQuickTest utility, I have this error :

CH1 (SXR=1800.0MHz, SXT=1805.0MHz): Result:(-27.0 dBFS, 5.00 MHz) - FAILED

->RF Loopback Test FAILED

=> Board tests FAILED <=

The same is true of the other test procedure. The moment you start attaching RF cables and antennas etc., all bets are off as far as the tests we provide. If the tests fail when you start hooking stuff up, it doesn’t necessarily mean there is a problem and rather instead that you’ve just change the environment from that which our tests are designed for.

It’s impossible for us to say whether a system you have assembled, with potentially cables, filters, amplifiers and antennas etc., is performing as intended. Once you have validated the board as per our test procedures, you must then devise your own means of testing a system that builds on this, whether that be with additional software or hardware.

Sorry, I have difficulties to understand.
The board is meant to be used with cables and antennas, right ?
If I had bought the “LimeSDR with Aluminum Kit”, delivered with a aluminum casing and cables, then I would have “=> Board tests FAILED <=” with the LimeQuickTest utility, upon receipt of the board ?
I have no problem with LimeSDR-Mini.
LimeSDR-Mini is really perfect.
With LimeSDR I feel like I have a board that is not working properly.
Isn’t it better to update the LimeQuickTest utility ?
Thank you so much.

It’s a good point and, yes, that is possible.

We could relax the pass/fail criteria I suppose, but a better option might be a LimeQuickTest option to indicate it’s a LimeSDR USB in metal case (only one supplied pre-cabled so far) and adjust the criteria accordingly.

As far as I can tell it is working fine.

It would be great news to add this option, I hope it will be available one day.

Yes I know.
But it’s an impression.
I think it’s not normal to have “=> Board tests FAILED <=” with new equipment that works perfectly.
The feeling is not good.