LimeSDR under SDR-Console

I was using SDR Console for tests above 6m and posted a few picks here. These are NOT lab tests but I work on the theory that with the exception of a few WSJT modes that I can SEE a signal long before I can HEAR a signal on VHF SDR. I know nothing about HF but on 6 and 2 the Lime, when viewing the beacons I can see, looks about as good as a TS2K. I know that is not what most of you want to hear but even a TS2K can be made very usable on 6/2. As with the TS2K it needs a LNA to bring it up to the standard of a FCD+. But remember the FCD+ on VHF is a better RX than most of the older rigs such as a 756 or 746pro. I think from my own experience the only one of the rigs from that era that comes close to the FCD+ is the 706MK11. I am happy at what I am seeing on VHF. I will wait for the Lab Rats to give the noise floor and all the other dBm readings but to me it is proberbly the best 2m and up TX/RX SDR rig out thereā€¦

My EME tower and antennas are out on loan so I will have to wait until the snow melts to get them back and test the Lime on EME RX.

1 Like