LimeSDR Matlab support

Hi,
I was trying to get things on Matlab running by Christmass but I did not have much of success.

However, I had problem by upgrading FX3 and FPGA too:

1. the fpga file addresses/links seem to be incorrect. They lead to error 404 (“This is not the webpage you are looking for”).
    1. after I had successfully built the LimeSuite, I upgraded the the FX3, as suggested by jocover. But then I lost connection with the board. After upgrading FX3, I couldn’t connect to the board using “LimeSuiteGUI.exe”.
  1. I can run the system on Ubuntu using GNUradio (I actually did the DVB-s2 tx example by Alexandru Csete example) but I prefer MATLAB rather GNUradio because all my codes are in MATLAB and I have many costum blocks that are not available in GNUradio library. I will need to put a lot of effort to write many out-of-tree modules.

2. with respect to matlab, I am getting problem with loading library. at the moment it is LimeSuite library missing.

Anyway, I have got a fresh windows machine and I am going to try everything again. I will let you know if I get any success.
If you have any advice, I would appreciate if you let me know before starting to build again

1 Like

hw v1.2 fpga file
https://github.com/myriadrf/LimeSDR-USB_GW/blob/HW_v1.3-v1.0/output_files/LimeSDR-USB_lms7_trx_HW_1.2.rbf

limesdr windows driver

this driver is modified cyusb driver,you need disable windows driver signature enforcement,so i don’t like this.
or you can using Zadig(http://zadig.akeo.ie/) to install winusb driver for limesdr,and using my winusb version LimeSuite.dll
1 Like

Jocover - Does this allow the LimeSDR to operate under Windows using HDSDR or SDR#? I’ll check this out - GREAT news if I’m reading this right…! :slight_smile:

Jocover,

I’m able to successfully install the LimeSDR driver for ZADIG, but the DLL in the the Windows 10 Windows Drivers on Github don’t seem to be recognized by SDR# - it usually likes to see ExtIO style of DLLs…Am I doing anything wrong for the LimeSDR not to play on SDR#? Please let me know - this is a GREAT addition to the LimeSDR capability.

Keep us all advised here - and THANKS much for working this…!

Marty

https://mega.nz/#!fFdhiLzI!P2lC9oAOT7XwnSPCJRgVqP50MxYuibbPVjGSN2xF83Q
my sdrsharp plugin,just test version

1 Like

Any thing for Linux … besides whats available under Gnuradio …
I like Quisk … a heck of alot more …

Jocover,

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! I have the LimeSDR running on the latest SDR# and it’s functioning GREAT on the US FM Band, and I’m now listening to the LimeSDR operating at 162.475 MHz (the local Weather Station WXL73 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa). Again, RUNNING GREAT…!!

If I can put in a plug…Please have it tune the HF band (2.0 to 30 MHz)…You’ll have a stampede of Hams that will want to use this app when everyone gets their LimeSDRs. I got this running within 1 minute of seeing your latest post. Again, GREAT JOB ON THIS…!!

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like

Hi,
I finally could upgrade the FX3 firmware according to
http://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite#Flashing_images
but failed the FPGA programming. Please see the attachments. I believe this is the reason I can’t run the matlab routine. I still get the “no connection object”.

FX3:

FPGA:

matlab

your limesdr hw version is 1.2,you need 1.2 version FPGA and fx3 fw

jcoover,
many thanks for your help. I eventually was successful setting up the system and running the matlab routine :)) though I will need to learn about the parameters of matlab functions defined for limeSDR.

However, I have few questions and I would appreciate if you could answer:

1- how did you know my hardware version is 1.2?
2- after I upgraded the FX3 and FPGA, I built the Lime Suite using Cmake and copied the LimeSuite.dll in matlab path. but I was getting the no connection error in matlab until I copied the your LimeSuite.dll from “cyusb version” folder. Would you please explain what is the problem and whether I have had problem in compiling Lms7suite?

When you connect Lime Suite it reports “HW:2”.

jocover,
I was trying to use use limesdr using matlab on ubuntu (14.04). I am getting into trouble with following matlab error:

Failed to find libLimeSuite_thunk_glnxa64.so. Check path()

I would appreciate if you could advise me on how to fix the problem

run limeSDR.build_thunk();
you can build libLimeSuite_thunk_glnxa64.so file

Hi Jocover.

I now finally received my LimeSDR HW and I am trying out your Matlab code. I have accessed your GitHub files. However I have problems with error messages. This is what I get when running your example:

Error using loadlibrary (line 419)
There was an error loading the library “E:\Ingolf\Elcad\MatLab\LimeSDR\LimeSuite.dll”
Undefined function ‘strsplit’ for input arguments of type ‘char’.

Error in limeSDR/load_library (line 170)
[notfound, warnings] = loadlibrary(‘LimeSuite’, @libLimeSuite__proto, ‘alias’,
‘libLimeSuite’);

Error in limeSDR (line 198)
limeSDR.load_library();

Error in LimeSDR_test1 (line 1)
dev=limeSDR;

Caused by:
Undefined function ‘strsplit’ for input arguments of type ‘char’.

I tried to build the:

limeSDR.build_thunk();
Error using loadlibrary>lFullPath (line 587)
Could not find file LimeSuite.h.

Error in loadlibrary (line 220)
header=lFullPath(header);

Error in limeSDR.build_thunk (line 50)
[notfound, warnings] = loadlibrary(‘LimeSuite’, ‘LimeSuite.h’,
‘includepath’, this_dir, ‘alias’, ‘libLimeSuite’, ‘notempdir’,
‘mfilename’, proto_output);

It does not seem find some files and that is correct, they are not present in your GitHub contribution.

Any advice on how to proceed?

Windows or linux?

Could not find file LimeSuite.h sounds like LimeSuite is not installed or installed in a user defined folder

Use the latest version.
The LimeSuite.h file rename to LimeSuite_Build_Thunk.h

1 Like

Hi jocover,

In the Simulink LimeSDR block I see “LPF Bandwidth” defined for each RX/TX channel.
Does it mean the data from/to this block are LP filtered?
I don’t see any effect changing this filter value.

Thanks
Dimitar

@jocover , hi
How can i create transmit Repeat function or same like algorithm?

transmit Repeat function transfers the baseband packets with idle time to the SDR platform, and stores the signal samples in hardware memory. The example then transmits the waveform continuously over the air until the release method of the transmit object is called.

Any TX functions?

Best regards, togoto

Hi Jocover,
Firstly, many thanks for your effort and help to run LimeSDR with Matlab.

I work with ML2016B on W10.

The running is good but with limited performances because I am not able to access to the functions of LimeSDR as NCO, FIR, IQ correction…

Have you planned to add these functions or is there an example to add them ? Sorry I am not a programmer but a radio user (for amateur radioastrnomy).

Thank you again and best regards.

1 Like

Hi Marty, Hi Jocover,
The SDRsharp plugin is no longer available on https://mega.nz/#!fFdhiLzI!P2lC9oAOT7XwnSPCJRgVqP50MxYuibbPVjGSN2xF83Q

Where can I find a copy of this plugin, please ?
Thank you for your help ! and best 73 from F1EHN :wink: