LimeSDR 1.4s out in the wild. Numerous issues

Might give it a crack myself once I finally get one.

I was waiting for a few things to settle down in terms of new fixes before tagging 17.01.1 release, and updating homebrew, ppa, and windows installer. At present, I think that Iā€™m ready to do that, and now its more pressing since we have had FW and FPGA updates since the last release. I am waiting on one more merge for gnuradio patches before kicking off the new windows build. So its any day now.

@joshblum should HF be working with what is currently in the limesuite master branch? I have been keeping up to date with the master branch, but tuning below 40 Mhz just shows FM broadcast stations from 1.4 MHz to about 40 Mhz. With each update, Iā€™m also running ā€œLimeUtil --updateā€ and syncing the firmware and image as needed.

-Freeman

@joshblum,

All good - thanks for the infoā€¦Iā€™ll keep watching for the latest release when you publish and notify us.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

is there a simple place that we can check for any new hardware image files, I have the http://downloads.myriadrf.org/project/limesuite/17.01/ link, would it be good to add this to the quickstart wiki to make it easy for us none Linux users to check quickly? and what changes and will the 2.6 break simons console code?

Paul

http://downloads.myriadrf.org/project/limesuite/17.01/ is the best link for the images. Ideally the LimeUtil --update command line or LimeSuiteGUI programmer is going to automatically update the LimeSDR to match the current library or dll. If you are dealing with an older dll or library, the programmer wont know about the new images yet. But I donā€™t think any of the changes regarding firmware or fpga effected the sdr console. Mostly they dealt with FX3 enumeration and FPGA timing constraints.

master branch or stable branch is fine.

The cutoff for the tuning behaviour is 30 MHz, anything below, thats where we had the bug. It should be fixed now. I probably cross posted this to the wrong discussion, but I did a test tone to confirm: LimeSDR under SDR-Console

As a quick double check, if you run LimeUtil --info, theres some build information, including the git commit that it was built from. Its always possible that if you installed from both source, and the ppa, that we might be looking at the slightly out of date lib from the ppa. Its just something to check for until its updated.

LimeUtil --info
######################################################
## LimeSuite information summary
######################################################

Version information:
  Library version:      v17.01.1-g1a19ee60
  Build timestamp:      2017-01-31
  Interface version:    v2017.1.0
  Binary interface:     17.01-1

I also have the same issue
i can found FM signal in 20M~40M, i donā€™t know why
my limesdr is 1.2 version ( FW:3 HW:2 Protocol:1 GW:1 GW_rev:20)
lms7002m chip version is r2

@jocover

WOW! Where is the ExtIO.dll that supports Lime for SDR#? Please let me know when you have a chanceā€¦!

73 de Marty, KN0CK

HF is working with SDR-Console program which uses LimeSuite.dll. Check here for more information.

The pyLMS7002M library has been updated to work with current firmware and includes a VNA example:

For a video demo of this see:

1 Like

@ martywittrock2h

WOW! Where is the ExtIO.dll that supports Lime for SDR#? Please let me know when you have a chanceā€¦!

FYI: SDR# last supported ExtIO dllā€™s in version 1361 (~16 months ago), support was dropped when they moved over to .NET 4.6. There has been 130 releases since then!, current version is 1491. Iā€™m not exactly sure what the correct term is for the frontend wrapper dll used by SDR# these days, but it is not ExtIO dll.

@mzs,

How are they supporting LimeSDR like I saw it in @jocover 's post this morning? I wasnā€™t aware that LimeSDR was supported on SDR# but Iā€™d like to know how to try it.

Well YOU did have it running before :slight_smile: with a frontend dll ( LimeSDR Matlab support ) The file on the share (now gone) was called ā€œlimesdr sdrsharp test plugin.zipā€

@mzs,

My God my crumbling memory didnā€™t recall that - - I may still have that setupā€¦Thanks for reminding meā€¦ :slight_smile:

this is my test plugin
https://mega.nz/#!uIlkCLKJ!VP_mL_mCwzWp10lCyAO9LislwU8sXowBF4Hle3AXk8k

1 Like

I usually run all small binary files I download through multiple AV scanners, and this is no comment on you it is just me being paranoid. If I did not build something from source code myself I do not trust it and even if I did write and compile it myself, ā€¦*ponder*

Anyhow green across the board, what I like to see:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/562c6cd84c0a289a9db6f15d5c1ec1751a9c4568c1202b9027d7384685735302/analysis/1486016453/

And Iā€™ve seen lots of programs I trusts flip an odd false positive in some version or other. It is the shotgun effect, shoot enough AV software at a binary and one or two of them will see nothing as something.

EDIT: I forgot to say, thanks :slight_smile:

hey @cswiger, I am facing the same issue, LimeUtil shows limesdr but SoapySDRUtil does not. Can you help me how you removed this error

Regards
Nitin

Just found a pretty detailed install guide here: http://blog.reds.ch/?p=43

Thank you @cswiger, I was able to find limesdr with soapy.

Regards
Nitin