Delivery?

My LimeSDR just arrived in the UK. Picking it up from the post office tomorrow.

There is a fee to pay: £40.17 for customs + handling.

Same here, will pick it up tomorrow.

@SimonG4ELI, you might want to decline it and send it back, so far it looks BAD from what I see and what marty said compared to the 1.2 you have, performance is WAY down

Well it could be firmware, also I have other SDRs for HF. There will be a new SDR out in a few months with an outstanding dynamic range of 120dB+ - this will cost $159, coverage is HF and ~ 54MHz to ~ 250MHz.

I can’t say who is creating this new SDR due to commercial confidentiality.

ok you keep teasing us so much simon…

Well this radio will really annoy the big players.

My LimeSDR just arrived in the Netherlands.

There is a fee ‘small’ fee to pay: customs + handling. Surprise … 52,19 Euro !!!

Thought i was doing business with a UK company … Bummer

Hi Andrew,

The last update (Feb 2) explained that 1000 boards would be soon going out, however, the aluminum cases were experiencing supply problems and that an alternate supplier was being worked. It also stated that an update would be forth coming but the end of last week… so, how’s that coming along? I happen to be waiting on the LimeSDR with Aluminum Kit version… as patiently as I can. Thanks!

John

That’s not too bad… If you lived in Ireland you’d be paying nearly 100.

Thanks for the nudge, will find out!

Hi Andrew,

I know you guys have had a full plate, but I was wondering if you had time to look into providing this shipping update yet (esp. about the aluminium cased versions)… your promised update is a bit over due and I’m frankly getting frustrated. Now it seems that the HF issue is compounding the delay for processing the surveys to remedying the remedy band-width issue. I placed my order in July of last year thinking October, but hoping by the end of the year. That got pushed out and now it appears you guys are holding the next release to do a beta cycle hardware mod - not cool. My patience is growing thin. After many kind reassurances that it will be shipping soon, and repeatedly seeing those dates go by and by, I’m seriously about ready to punt the ball here. I’m loosing confidence in this project and all of its promises to those pre-orders - technically this just means we missed the cut-off date to be “backers” but our money got collected just the same (up front) and we financed this project well beyond it goals and probably drove the volume price point lower for manufacturing (your welcome). I would very much appreciate LimeSDR focusing on completing what you promised us and separately dealing with modifications as/if needed. Thanks for listening.
Kind Regards,
John

Hi John,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve just had confirmation that the metal cases should be with us on 20th March and following which orders with these will be put together.

Thank you for that update Andrew. I really do appreciate your kind response and great attitude. Please forgive my tone of frustration in my post. I really should keep in perspective how challenging a project this is and how incredibly hard you, the team and the backers are all working to make everything workout great. Best of luck toward keeping the schedule moving.
John

Thanks for understanding, John, it’s much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Any news on when the next batch will be shipped?

What batch were you in?
Early bird batch 2 is being doled out … and if you opted to make the mods yourself shipped a bit sooner i guess …

I was a second flock early bird and i have my board now.

I ordered late Dec or early Jan. I think I’m in the 2000/3000 somewhere.

I just noticed that the CrowdSupply page just changed from “Ships Feb 29, 2017” to “Ships Apr 19, 2017” for new orders.

I just logged into my CS account for the first time, got this message

Backed on Feb 12, 2017
This project has fallen behind schedule and is currently expecting to ship on Apr 19, 2017. Please see project updates for more information.
Originally expected to ship on February 2017

I’m sure a lot of you have been waiting longer but I was hoping that the shipping date would’ve been late Feb or early March as it was mentioned during the purchase. It’s going to be very hard to wait another month and a half since I’m really wanting to get my project off to a start.

Hi All,
I was in the second flock and mine arrived yesterday.

Larry in El Paso

I just logged in and got the same message (except mine was supposed to ship in January):

This project has fallen behind schedule and is currently expecting to ship on Apr 19, 2017. Please see project updates for more information.
Originally expected to ship on January 2017