[Solved] How to install linux gnuradio companion with lime driver source


#1

I started with a clean image of Ubuntu Desktop 16.04.4 LTS

This will install everything:

sudo apt install python-pip
sudo apt install python3-pip
sudo pip install pybombs
pybombs recipes add gr-recipes git+https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-recipes.git
mkdir prefix/
pybombs prefix init -a default prefix/default/ -R gnuradio-default
pybombs install gr-osmosdr
cd prefix/default
source ./setup_env.sh
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:myriadrf/drivers
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install limesuite liblimesuite-dev limesuite-udev limesuite-images
LimeUtil --find
gnuradio-companion

note that the next time you want to run gnu-radiocompanion, you will need to run

cd prefix/default
source ./setup_env.sh
gnuradio-companion

now you have a SDR environment configured to pybomb install from the https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-recipes.git repository.


#2

Hi,

I tried your steps, but unfortunately, my board is not recognized by SoapySDR…
Could you tell me which version of SoapySDR you’re using?


#3

Hi. im on ubuntu 16.04 LTS on an I3-4005u laptop.
here is what i did:
https://wiki.myriadrf.org/Lime_Suite (STEP 2.1) is all i had to do
it adds PPA for myriad (Limesuite and Soapy) and do not follow this guide for GQRX on ubuntu as it will break stuff.
http://gqrx.dk/download/install-ubuntu <<<< Do not do this as of this writing.
at least i dont recommend it,
but everything from the myriad setup should give you latest Limesuite. mine is 18.04

to get gqrx working i just got the 2.11.4 appimage and you download it and extract it or just double click on it. it opens up with good device selection i think


#4

After playing with this configuration that I posted, there is still some integration problems. I ended up using this build with much greater results:


#5

My experience with separate PPAs for the LimeSDR stuff is mismatched versions of things in gnuradio so you end up with a version that can use the LimeSDR, and a version that can use your other SDRs. Building everything from source and using Docker to put it in its own container was the only way I could keep things sane.