SDRAngel Rx & Tx

@DL4APT

I tried changing my sample rate to 20MS/s and had problems…Maximum USB transfer rate 40MB/s instead of 60MB/s. I’m not sure if this is a problem with my PC or sdrangel. I will do some further testing and report back later.

Regards,
Brendan,
VK3WWB.

@F4EXB

Hi Edouard,

I have done some further testing in regards to the sound quality issues I was having. It seems that DC offset is only part of the problem. I increased software decimation and this has improved sound quality for BFM decoding even more.

Regards,
Brendan.
VK3WWB.

@brendanthebig - Brendan,

FWIW, I’ve been posting issues with SDRAngel here (see link below):

…and Edouard (@F4EXB) has been retrieving them there. I have a new one to post that I’m seeing about the delay showing up again until the sample rate is changed to a value and then changed back. But if you see code bugs, post those at the link and Edouard will usually open up a ticket on it to go fix it and close it when it’s been tested and resolved.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like

All,

The latest version of SDRAngel by @F4EXB (Win64 version: 3.4.7.1) is working remarkably well in receive and transmit now. The last bug that I observed and reported to Edouard for a slight delay in transmit signal on initial startup and in subsequent transmissions (until it either caught up or a sampling rate was changed) is now gone for good and transmit in either full duplex or half duplex is working EXCELLENT…For those running Windows 10 64-Bit (as I am on my LattePanda microPC) SDRAngel is running superbly on HF (and I’m sure other bands as well). Do download the latest version and try it out.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like

Hello Edouard,

I tried out the latest version of your excellent sdrangel program (sdrangel64_v3.7.4.7z /WIN10 64bit) with my Pluto-SDR.
There seems to be a problem in TX-mode in all modulation modes.
The Tone modulation and the Morse keyer works, but Audio input does not work (no audio signal in the level display).
With Lime-SDR everything works fine.

Do you have any idea?

Bernd

@BKN,

SDRAngel employs a microphone button with the modulator that you select. If you don’t have the microphone button activated, there will be no modulation - - Please see the image below and note that the finger pointer shows the location of the microphone enable button

Check that and then let us know if you’re good to go or not.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Hi,

Yes, I checked the microphone button, but no success.
Lime-SDR works with same settings.

Bernd

@BKN,

About the only thing I can recommend is that you check your mic settings to ensure you’re really sending the mic audio to the SDRAngel app - do that first (I know this seems remedial, but cockpit errors do happen). Also, the SDRAngel app has settings for what audio in and audio out you’re using at the very top menu bar in the ‘Preferences’ menu item. You should be able to set the audio in and audio out media there - check that to make sure you’re using the right audio source, too.

Check back when you’ve done that and let’s go from there -

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Hi Marty,

I have checked your suggestions.
As I have mentioned before, Lime-SDR is working with the same settings.
In the Win10 Audio-Recording-Device box I can see the signal at the device I have selected under sdrangel “Preferences”.

Bernd

Hello Bernd,

it turns out that the PlutoSDR Tx plugin does not work at all. I cannot get the I/Q right and I still don’t know the reason why. See my post 8 days ago at ~#289

I think I will have to drop it eventually.

Best regards, Edouard.

Hello Edouard,

thanks for your response.
Yes, there is no sideband suppression. I hope there will be a solution in the future.
But does it explain why I have no signal when I select audio input?

Bernd

Thanks Andrew. I should have thought of looking there…

Kindest regards,
Brendan Jenkins,
VK3WWB.

@andrewback
Hi Andrew,

is there any way of selecting RX2 without needing to select RX1 first in LimeSuite API ?
My reason for asking this is that I have damaged the RF front end on RX1 and am now using RX2. It is becoming quite annoying for me at the moment as sdrangel only shows one LimeSDR device for selection rather than LimeSDR RX1 and LimeSDR RX2…If it is an option in the API I might put in a ticket with Edouard to add it as an option in Source Selection of sdrangel.

Kindest regards,
Brendan Jenkins,
VK3WWB.

There’s a simple workaround: just add a new source device with a LimeSDR Rx selected in it then the next one taken will be RX2. You still have RX1 hanging there for nothing so it is not very clean but still workable.

Edouard, the only problem there is the LImeSDR ends up using twice the USB bandwidth than normal. I have worked out a way to get around it by selecting filesource for R1, LimeSDR for R2, change R1 to LimeSDR then remove last device (ie R2). This seems to work ok but it becomes a bit of a pain when things lock up and I have to set it all up again.
From another perspective, it would be handy to be able to select either RX1 or RX2 directly. That way we can have different antennas setup on RX1 and RX2 and be able to swap between them easily without chewing up USB bandwidth. I’m not sure if this would be easy to implement but it would be a handy option.

Kindest regards,
Brendan Jenkins,
VK3WWB

I have to check this but as you noticed you may start with RX1 then add RX2 and if you remove RX1 then RX1 “slot” becomes available. I suppose there should be a mean to select RX2 right away then if you add one more RX this will be RX1 automatically.

Or one thing even easier would be to enumerate 2 Rx when there are two this should apply to any Rx/Tx combination which would be detected or hardcoded in the plugin Ex: LimeSDR 2 Rx, 2Tx, BladeRF: 1 Rx, 1 Tx, The next generation SDR: n Rx, m Tx … :slight_smile:

Note: when the 1x1 version of LimeSDR becomes available this would be interesting to configure Rx and Tx numbers dynamically.

1 Like

https://github.com/f4exb/sdrangel/issues/81 issue opened for the I/Q problem with PlutoSDR Tx

Hi Edouard, I have also found that once I do get RX2 working by itself, if I change settings like LP filter for example, sometimes it causes the LimeSDR to drop back to RX1 and I have to set it all up again. Very frustrating indeed.

1 Like

@brendanthebig - Brendan,

Hop over to Edouard’s GitHub issues page here and post the issue so it gets on the roster:

I’ve been doing it there since it’s harder to Edouard to assign the issue until there’s a ‘ticket’ opened on it on his code repository. Everything we find is getting fixed, too - which is cool because his app is just getting better and better with every release. It’s almost flawless now for operation… :slight_smile:

73 de Marty, KN0CK

1 Like