QPCIe instructions

Great. That’s rather brilliant. :slight_smile: I think I will do the same tomorrow.

I will upgrade the fpga bitstream “LimeSDR-QPCIe-lms7_trx_HW_1.2_auto.rpd” firstly in LimeSuiteGUI, using the programming mode FPGA FLASH.

Then upgrade the fx3 image “LimeSDR-QPCIe_fx3_fw FW1 (AD5662 16 bit TCXO DAC).img” in LimeSuiteGUI, using the programming mode FX3 FLASH.

I need to confirm with you about these options because the programming utility of LimeSuite 18.04 and 18.06 is little bit different from the Figure 2 of the user guide document.

Hi Zack,

I just upgraded the gateware and the firmware. But the board is still the same, I can’t receive signals normally in LimeSuite 18.06.

The version Number in 18.06 is: LimeSDR-QPCIe FW:2 HW:2 Protocol:1 GW:1.4
In 18.04 it’s written as: LimeSDR-QPCIe FW:2 HW:0 Protocol:1 GW:1.4

Hi @shao,

Could you try the software from the package, please. There is an ini file “lte_ini.ini”. Try to upload it to both LMS7 chips (by the way, you have to upload ini files for each LMS7 chip separately). This will configure LMS7 chips to provide test signals from the internal LMS7 test generator.
Another experiment is just to push “Default” button in LimeSuiteGUI. This will provide signals from ADCs instead of internal generator.

Sorry for late response.

Today I did some experiments.

If I do a reset in limesuitegui and then upload this lte_ini.ini file, there will be a warning “upload all registers failed”.

But if I push the default button after the reset and before uploading the ini file. It shows something looks like a test signal. But still Channel B is very different from Channel A.

This is LMS1 channel A

This is LMS1 channel B

This is LMS1 MIMO A&B (when I didn’t check Enable MIMO in the upper gui)

For LMS2, it’s pretty much the same as LMS1.
What’s the difference between “enable mimo” in the gui and “LMS1 MIMO” in data reading of fft viewer?

When I checked “enable mimo” with lte_ini.ini file, the fft viewer seems not working normally.

Then I tried the other experiment by just pushing the reset and default button. I also checked enable mimo, and tune all lms to 434MHz. Finally, I am able to see the signal from all 4 channels. Although the signal power in different channels are still different, I think after some fine tuning in gain stages, I will be able to make use of that. In LimeSuiteGUI, I can receive 2 channels of one lms chips simultaneously, but if I directly call limesuite.so, is it possible to receive all 4 channels simultaneously?

Thanks