@andrewback Andy and @Zack Zack,
Just a quick feedback after my 1-to-1 testing with the Lime of @nsiradio Yuri.
Yuri, firstly HUGE thanks for your time today. Thank-you Sir!
Andy and Zack ... good news is my Lime performs like his, so it looks like it's working as designed and won't need to be replaced ... BUT 'working as designed' is nowhere near where it needs to be performance-wise based on the specs you published on Crowd Supply.
After Yuri helped me remove the coil below T3 (i.e. we effected easy-fix 1 on RX1_L), the FM performance that I was using as a baseline (see ton of posts above) was suddenly 20dDm better.
So ... 1st lesson. Change your messaging around the easy-fix 1. It's NOT ONLY FOR HF ... the Lime is DEAF even up to 100mHz and above... until you remove the coil. I was hesitating to do the mod, not wanting to invalidate your warranty, but glad I did. It made a HUGE difference. I realize I can now no longer return this board.
Still, Lime RX performance is substantially below other comparative receivers, as you'll see from my posts above. I'm still performing further testing, but wanted to post this to inform Zach not to waste time building a test.ini script for me that loopsback TX to RX as discussed above.
Fuller report will reach you in a day or two ... for the benefit of other newbies that believed this SDR would be the best spend of their $$$ based on your advertising on Crowd Supply.
73s de Dave W7BOT