LimeSDR-mini bellow 30MHz

In addition to Zack instruction you need to change CLKGEN page (CLK_H):

and FCW to get 20m band (VCO-FCW = 14.0755MHz).

This is register state after I tune to 20m band with 2.5MHz bandwith using SDRconsole V3 from July 2018. Occasionally SDRconsole failed to set Mini properly for HF operation (maybe in new version this is fixed).

Hi Zack

have got the Lime SDR for a while and I am happy with it playing with VHF and UHF frequencies.
Recently I tried to tune it arround 7MHZ and 3.5MHz (80 and 40m band). I had good SSB reception modulation. I used HF band filter + FM rejection filter. I used SDR Console V3.0.4.
Then I had some problem with it. Test failed

Capture_test
Capture_test.JPG760x360 47.3 KB

And when RX and TX with 50ohm load have signal at 100MHz, 200MHz …

Capture1
Capture1.JPG1919x1079 444 KB

Capture2
Capture2.JPG1918x1077 322 KB

Device Info Capture_sdr%20Info

I did follow some thread about this subject without succes. Load ini file, latest firmware.
I understand that below 30MHz it’s on upconverter mode. Many try without success.
Could you help for the troubleshouting.

Thank you,
Stephane

Hi @Zack

Not sure you have seen the post I did above. Hi put your name with @ to send it to you. Hope it works. I am new on the forum!

Other information I setup another PC with Win10, install Lime driver and SDR Console V3.0.4 and same problem.

Looking for your feedback.

Stef

Hi @stef,

As far as I can see from your test results, your RF IOs are damaged.

Hi @Zack

Thanks for you feed back.
When I put an antenna the FM radio is received (I can demodulate the strong station with SDR console) but signal
covered by the 100MHz harmonics signal.
Any suggestion for the problem?

@stef
Both the LimeSDR USB and the LimeSDR Mini require a 2 - 30 MHz Low Pass Filter at the receive input to attenuate (if not eliminate) the strong FM stations and allow you to see the HF activity that you’re trying to receive. I would highly recommend that you get an LPF and connect it to the Lime Mini and try it again - your Lime Mini isn’'t dead, it’s just swamped by the strong FM stations and needs that LPF to operate correctly.

73 de Marty, KN0CK

@martywittrock
I hope its not dead I like it.
I designed a 3D case with aluminium sink to cool the system and it works very well.

I spent quite a lot of time to make it but its another subject.

Before I had some trouble, to receive HF frequency I used a specific BPF filter with different HF band + a FM band rejection filter and all was ok. I had good traffic reception on the 40m and 80m band.
At the beginning of the problem when I was swapping from HF to VHF/UHF SDR console did some weird thing as the base band reception with nothing on it. When zooming in and out of the base band signal came back. Also in the new SDR console V3.0.4 on the Lime control there is a calibration function (on side of LNA gain). This calibration function make did some problem as well as the calibration did not stopped when you click the function again.

I am quite sure I did the right thing to operate the Lime.
If you have any idea of what went wrong.
For info the screen grab I did of SDR Console is V3.0.3 it does not have the new control for lime as V3.0.4.

Stef

Do you have a spectrum analyzer?

@Zack
Yes have got a R&S CMU200