LimeSDR-mini bellow 30MHz

I tested with ReflectedW antenna, and tested with signal generator. Of course I used BP Filters for amateur bands.
Joe

@om3bc - Joe,

It’s more for removing interference from the FM broadcast band station images locally than it is for good practice for Amateur Radio…

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Also, have you done the HF mod? I see you are using the W port. Is it optimized for HF?

Ed

Hello,

Have you been eventually able to detect signals below 30 MHz? I am facing the same issue right now (actually I cannot go lower than 25 MHz with GQRX). I am using signal generator as reference.

I wonder If there is some final solution/answer to this issue? Thank you.

My friend also owns the LimeSDR-mini. I visited him and tried my SDR
on his computer. His SDR worked flawlessly, and my no, which clearly
shows that my SDR is faulty. As I see yours too.

Joe

Just a idea: use magnifier and compare LMS7002 chip data. Maybe you have chip with different revision and your chip needs different initialization code.

It is under the shield. I am an user who wants to use the product and not to explore it. The manufacturer should use identical or 100% compatible parts! I have selected the goods according to the above parameters, so I expect them to fulfill them. I do not recommend buying this product in the current state. After paying the goods, shipping and taxes, it cost me 200 Euros. Against that sum, it is not a good one.

Joe

Hi @om3bc,

Could you run a test using this software:
https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeQuickTest
Let me know the results.

Your board looks OK.
Let us make next step. Download the latest LimeSuiteGUI. Connect to the board, push “Default” button. Then go to SXR tab, enter 30 to Frequency field and push “Calculate” button. What is the result?

I have noticed even with no antennas on my LimeSDR Mini I can still get FM signals all over the spectrum. I expected that the LimeSDR Mini would have been IF filters then my cheap junky RTLSDR but it seems not. :confused:

And if I try 20 MHz

You have to enable these filters on LimeSDR-Mini. It depends on what application do you use. In LimeSuiteGUI for instance it is under RBB tab. There is “Rx Filters” group where you can set filter bandwidth.

Hi @om3bc,

It looks OK. You can not tune SXR or SXT PLL bellow 30MHz. This is why NCO must be engaged for lower frequencies.
Let us make next steps:

1. Push “Default” button in LimeSuiteGUI;
  2. Upload register ini file;
  3. Go to SXR tab; push “Calculate” button;
  4. Go to CLKGEN tab; push “Calculate” button;
  5. Go to RBB tab, enter 40 to “RF bandwidth” edit field and push “TUNE” button;
  6. Feed 12MHz signal from your signal generator to LimeSDR-Mini RF input;
  7. Run FFTViewer (Menu item Modules -> FFTviewer) and push “START” button. Signal from generator Should be visible at 2MHz in FFT window;
  8. Share your FFTviewer screen shot here.

Upload register.ini file ???

where and with what? Sorry!

All these instructions are for LimeSuiteGUI. To upload ini file, just download it from one drive and push Open button in LimeSuiteGUI.

Yes, this is what you should get. I see no problems with your board.

Why is the signal wide? And why can not I see anything on ConsoleSDR? On this FFT viewer LimeSDR tuned to 142 MHz and the signal from generator is 144 MHz.