How to use limesdr with UHD

@FFY00 - Filipe,

This looks interesting enough for me to research this, too…What applications can OpenUSRP run with and I’m assuming that this is extensible to the LimeSDR, right? Lemme know - thanks,

73 de Marty, KN0CK

Yes, you can run almost any application which implements the UHD driver. You can use both OpenUSRP or SoapyUHD but as OpenUSRP fakes the device making the driver believe that the LimeSDR is indeed a B210, the SoapyUHD is a better option.

1 Like

@FFY00 - Filipe,

Which apps by name that use the UHD driver? Just interested enough to try this…Let me know - thanks,

73 de Marty, KN0CK

GQRX, osmo-trx, kalibrate, URH, YateBTS… UHD is the driver for Ettus’ USRP products so almost every application that works for them, also works for the lime.

2 Likes

My question is how do I get soapyUHD to work with LabVIEW? OpenUSRP was easy to install and use, the soapy stuff, not so much. Has anyone been able to get this to work with LabVIEW and able to control the LimeSDR and HackRF One? If so please share what you did.
thanks

What is the specific problem you are running to? I advise you to compile everything directly from github as oposed to use premade packages.

I am strictly a windows 10 LabVIEW user. I rely on the premade packages because frankly I’m just not familiar with the tools to make my own packages. The OpenUSRP was just place premade UHD dll in its folder, make a OpenUSRP folder on the C drive, place the premade OpenUSRP dll in there, change the environmental variable to point to the OpenUSRP dll and I had my LabVIEW code up and running controlling the LimeSDR. I tried to do the same with the soapy stuff, but came up short. Can any one please help me out??

Has anyone been successful with using LabVIEW and SoapyUHD??

no but it would be realy nice if it works with labview

SoapyUHD doesn’t work for me, however OpenUSRP seems to work well

Can you provide a detailed error message/description?

I had succes in my project with OpenUSRP and decided to remove hacks to make my solution more stable. Now I have problems that I posted:

If I’m trying to combine repos files with building, it’s just doesn’t see my LimeSDR (uhd_find_devices says that devices not found)
However using prebuilt files with hacked uhd - get my result

Hi

Is it work with limesdr mini ? For probe b200 ?

Thanks.

Doesn’t look to have been updated in some time and so I very much doubt it.

If you need to use UHD API would suggest using SoapySDR and SoapyUHD.

Just use SoapyUHD, should work fine.

1 Like

Is it work with limesdr mini ?

Should work with any device supported by SoapySDR :smile:

Which version of ubuntu do you recommend ?

What step for installation from a fresh installation of ubuntu ?

boost then soapyuhd without lime suite ? Lime suite first then boost and soapyuhd ?

I don’t use ubuntu so I wouldn’t know. The installation order really shouldn’t matter if packaging is done right. I use Arch Linux and it works like a charm.

I maintain most of those packages on the Arch User Repository (actually soapysdr should be moved to [community] in the next few weeks).

I do not know Arch Linux. I will watch.

Thanks for your help.