Ettus update of UHD baseline has broken gr-uhd or gr-osmosdr


#1

It appears that Ettus has updated their PPA again. While trying to instal gqrx on a clean 16.04 system using the MyriadRF guide and repo, I am getting an ABI mismatch (shown below). It appears the affected modules will need to be rebuilt.

FATAL:
GR-UHD detected ABI compatibility mismatch with UHD library.
GR-UHD was build against ABI: 3.10.1,
but UHD library reports ABI: 3.10.2
Suggestion: install an ABI compatible version of UHD,
or rebuild GR-UHD component against this ABI version.

Thanks,
Ken


Ettus UHD ABI Mismatch with GQRX
#2

I will start re-packaging this week. I also want to include Airspy HF+ support anyway :wink:


#3

There are now new gnuradio packages that use the new UHD. Can you try to see if it work now? Perhaps I don’t need to rebuild more packages for this reason.


#4

FWIW, this was a source of a lot of pain for my setup. I eventually pulled back and nuked the setup from orbit, followed by a re-install via PyBombs from the latest repos to get it sane again. The symptom I would run into were C++ mangled symbols that could not be found in the UHD libraries.

@csete it appeared to me that both the Soapy and LimeSuite stuff had made it upstream. Do you know if there is anything missing for the current PyBombs recipes ?

–Chuck


#5

Sorry Chuck, but I don’t know much about the current status of pybombs. I have used it in the past and as I recall, the purpose was to install the latest versions available, either released or from git HEAD. So I would think that with pybombs you always have the latest version.


#6

That is exactly right Alex, using PyBombs builds everything from current sources. The challenge with trying to add packages was that there are some discontinuities in gnuradio at the moment between the UHD changes and various package maintainers so trying to use a package manager to add the packages, especially when you’re spanning PPAs with different owners building at different commit points the resulting installation was unstable. For me, it was mostly because I have a bunch of different SDRs (now getting my ADALM -PLUTO integrated in) and so Lime would work but RTL wouldn’t, USRP would work but Lime wouldn’t, gqrx would work on some but not all, etc.

Generally though, building everything with PyBombs did work and has continued to work well.

–Chuck