Calibration procedure problem

Okay, it has been almost a month now since this thread was created and the issue was confirmed by multiple users, yet nobody from Lime team seems to care.

Today I saw following description to @IgnasJ commit on Limesuite github:

calibration cache is not being supported and seems to be buggy, should be disabled by default

Now I have following question: it this only temporary “solution” applied for the time of working on a real fix? Is anybody engaged into this at all? I think we all agree that such calibration is actually crucial feature, because so far none of setting bandwidth, removing DC offset or compensating IQ imbalance seems to work correctly, and doing this in terms of software running on a host machine is not a good way to go because of high requirement on computational power.

Today I have checked that it occurs not only when using GNU Radio, but also when using custom SoapySDR-based application.

I understand that this is not trivial task and don’t expect it to be fixed in few days, but I would like to know if we can hope for it to be fixed some day at all.

@andrewback, @IgnasJ - any comments?