XTRX independent dual channel RX

Hi community,

I think I need some help on my quest, since I am struggeling for days.
I am trying to receive two completely different frequencies (70 Mhz and 220 Mhz) simultaniously with a DualRX setup (taken from the examples DualRXTX modified,o TX). After I have initialized and started the stream (all working fine) and I use device->SetFrequency on a channel, the Frequency of the other channel is changed automatically (checked by device->GetFrequency).

Am I doing something wrong or is this even not possible at all with the XTRX?

Any help would be highly appreticated.

Configuration: GW:1.17
limesuiteng-suite: latest stable branch (0.2)
limepci: 1.3

Hi, LMS7002M chip both channels share the same local oscilator, so they cannot have different center frequencies.

I think the closest option you could do for such scenario, is to set the LO in the middle between your wanted frequencies and using NCO upconvert one channel, and downconvert other channel. But the up/downconvert is limited by sampling rate. So if max MIMO sampling rate of 61.44MSps would be used, you would be able to shift the signals by up to ±30.72MHz.

I am trying to receive two completely different frequencies (70 Mhz and 220 Mhz) simultaniously

In your case the gap between your desired frequencies is too wide, and won’t be possible.