Thank you for replying.
I am not aiming for using a particular set of SDR software. Primarily, I want to access the LimeSDR-USB itself and set frequency, bandwidth, gain and program the ASIC to do some preprocessing before sending the data on the USB to my PC. Which software is best for that?
Currently, my concern is to get the LimeSDR-USB to behave friendly on my PC.
I do the following.
- Turn the PC on without having the LimeSDR-USB plugged in. The PC turns on as it should. I do not use an external power supply, but plug in both USB connector.
- I plug the LimeSDR-USB into a USB 3.0 connector. Two LEDs light green and one LED is blinking red green red green etc.
- I run ZADIG. It shows that the LimeSDR is using the CYUSB(v220.127.116.11) driver. I do not change to the WinUSB. I close ZADIG without doing anything.
- I run Device Manager. There is a USB device named “Myriad-RF LimeSDR-USB”. The Device Manager states that the USB device is working properly. The driver is C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\CYUSB3.sys and C:\WINDOWS\system32\WdfCoInstaller01011.dll. The file version is 18.104.22.168. The provider is Cypress and the digital signer is Lime Microsystems Ltd. The device description is “Myriad-RF LimeSDR-USB”. Under the tab “Events” the latest is “2018-06-11 17:52:54 Device installed(cyusb3.inf_amd64_f…) “ the information supplied for this event is: “Driver Management concluded the process to install driver cyusb3.inf_amd64_f360f8a7ee43801e for Device Instance ID USB\VID_1D50&PID_6108\0009060B00461B07 with the following status: 0x0.”
- I close the Device Manager without changing anything.
- I start “LimeSuiteGUI_20180406_d6bc28.exe”
- I go “Options” -> “ConnectionSettings” and no board connections shows up.
I close the "ConnectionSettings"
I keep LimuSuitGUI running.
I push the reset button on the LimeSDR-USB
- I go “Options” -> “ConnectionSettings” and the LimeSDR shows up as a USB 2.0 unit.
I click on the unit and click on the "Connection"
- The LimeUSB is connected to the LimeSuiteGUI.
- I can repeat the process from step 8 above.
Still, the LimeSDR-USB does not get connected as a USB 3.0 device.
There is an incompatibility between the Myriad-RF driver, the FX3 firmware and the Windows 10 hardware USB port driver. I can’t prove it, but somehow the driver must be hanging in a loop or waiting for something from the LimeSDR-USB starting shortly after plugging the LimeSDR-USB into the PC. Could it be the enumeration that does not complete properly? This stops when I push the reset. My PC uses Asmedia.
Please, advice on how to solve this incompatibility.
My understanding is that there are two ways to get the LimeSDR-USB connected to a Windows 10 PC. One is to use Myriad-RF driver and LimeSuit software. The other is to use Zadig to install a WinUSB driver and then use the Pothos software.
Does anyone have experience with both and a recommendation on which one of the two is most likely to be successful?
Any advice or help would be highly appreciated.
Will all the trouble disappear, if I switch to a Linux PC? Which Linux should I use? Is Ubuntu good?