Using Lime Suite API and GNU Octave Urgent Help!

Hi,

I am very new to limeSDR but I am planning to use it to its full extent, therefore I need limeSuite API and/or GNU Octave. I have not been able to come across any tutorials to how I run the program I have written on LimeSDR. Can somebody please explain step by step, how I can write and run a program written using LimeSuite API and GNU octave separately.

Why isnt anybody helping

If I put “site:myriadrf.org Octave” into my search engine of choice, I see the information to possibly do what you think you want (I think, I do not use Octave, so not sure) from 2017, the files may be a bit dated, but they might still work.

I’m looking at this one in particular: https://wiki.myriadrf.org/LimeMicro_BT_MiniHackathon
And some of the files can be found here: https://downloads.myriadrf.org/workshops/

As for why no one has responded in 2 days, your thread was read 32 times in total, maybe the right person with knowledge about the LimeSDR and GNU Octave has not read it, or they just do not have time to respond.

As for how to use the LimeSDR API, you have full access to the entire source code of the LimeSDR, if you have a problem interfacing with the API, maybe read the source code ?

Thanks for your reply, I will look into the octave results as you mentioned. When it comes to the programmes written using LimeSuiteAPI though, I have a few questions about it. You see there are example codes given here: https://github.com/myriadrf/LimeSuite/releases/tag/v20.10.0

What I am wondering is, how to build and upload these programmes to my board. Which environment do I build these codes in with which file extension? And do I use the programming tab of LimeSuiteGUI to upload the file? I did not try this because I do not want to brick my SDR by doing something wrong. I am sorry if these questions are too stupid and primitive but I am just a beginner to SDR.

Thank you in advance

99.99% of people who use a LimeSDR will NEVER upload any code that they have written themselves to their board. You would only upload a custom FPGA gateware bitstream to your board if you were redesigning how the circuits in the hardware actually function (And a bad enough mistake could permanently damage the board. It is much better to learn how to program and used FPGA’s on a tiny cheap board that is low cost enough that if you screw up badly and damage it, you can easily replace it). Creating FPGA circuits is difficult by comparison to writing host code. What most people do is write applications on the host PC that generate samples to be transmitted or process samples that are received or do both at once.

1 Like

@mzs okay now I see what you mean. I thought the design flow of this board was similar to that of popular development kits such as Arduino. So now I see that the programmes I write using limeSuite API or octave run on the pc with limeSDR integration. The only thing that I have to do is to run the code in any IDE and the magic happens by itself right? I do not need to mess with anything on the LimeSuiteGUI I guess.